Computer Help forum

General discussion

How to uninstall MagicISO Virtual drive

by Semidead / April 19, 2009 12:31 PM PDT

I googled it up but didn't find the solution so tried and figured it out by myself (that drive is a real pain in the ***). Here we go:

1. Open regedit

2. Search "MagicISO" and delete any key containing it

3. Search "PNPA000" and do the same as above.

4. Search "ZC855" and do the same but, when you get to the key "Cdrom\Enum\ change the value of Count and of Nextinstance reducing its value by one after deleting the ZC855 on the right (that's the drive of MagicISO)

If you get any messages that you're not allowed to delete any key just right click and go to permissions, then select full control and press ok. After that you should be able to delete it without any problem.

That worked for me. Hope it works for you too.

Cheers

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to uninstall MagicISO Virtual drive
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to uninstall MagicISO Virtual drive
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Please go away....lol..
by Ears14U / October 24, 2010 11:31 PM PDT
Collapse -
Uninstalling MagicISO
by Ears14U / October 24, 2010 11:41 PM PDT

Ok, after hacking the registry, files/folders the easiest way I found to get rid of this seemingly pain in the **** is as follows:

Just reinstall the program over the top of the old one, then use a really good uninstaller like Revo Pro uninstall, or advanced uninstaller. Since a lot of users
don't fool with the registry entries, this is by far the easiest to weed this thing out.
I may mention before you uninstall the program...Use MagicISO do dismount ALL of the drives, and uninstall ALL of the drives...then use your uninstaller for the program..Works really well...hope it helps...

Collapse -
Easy now
by JohanJacobsen / November 5, 2010 2:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Uninstalling MagicISO

Why don't you just use their uninstaller?

Type: C:/PROGRA~2/MAGICD~1 in IE and then choose the uninstaller - I dont remember what the name was, but there are not many options, so you'll figure it out Happy

don't fool with the registry entries or some uninstaller programs, this is by far the easiest to weed this thing out.

Collapse -
Really?
by BadOpCode / November 17, 2010 6:13 AM PST
In reply to: Easy now

The problem is that their uninstaller leaves a DLL (misosh64.dll) and a bunch of context menu garbage that links back to their website.
The external uninstaller can track all their registry entries and whatever else they choose to not uninstall.
Having a 3rd party uninstaller util is starting to become less of a prudish thing and more of a imperative thing. More and more programs now are starting to have some seriously questionable ethics on uninstalling.

Collapse -
Or lazy, UNDER FUNDED?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 17, 2010 6:53 AM PST
In reply to: Really?

I can't agree on the ethics but have for years been asked to cut the budget on apps. What happens is we have to stop work the moment it looks like it is working.

Nothing to do with ethics, it's the money.
Bob

Collapse -
Uninstalling programs in general
by Ears14U / September 30, 2011 4:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Really?

I have to agree with you Johan. I have had to literally delve into the system registry, and manually remove the "remnant" program. If you are careful, then anyone can just search and delete the program's name or company's name through this method. It's really a shame that when a person says "No" to anything for that matter, it should mean exactly what's stated. No, I don't want your computer program on my hard drive whatsoever!

Collapse -
Thanks Johan!
by MrZoontastic / February 6, 2013 10:08 PM PST
In reply to: Easy now

I followed your suggestion, and found many files in that directory. The uninstaller app for MagicISO was called 'UNWISE.EXE'. I ran it using the 'Automatic' option, and it cleaned up the MagicISO startup process that I hadn't been able to clean up previously when following the steps listed above by Semidead, which involved going on a search and destroy mission in the Registry. Thanks for the great tip Johan!

Collapse -
How to uninstall MagicISO Virtual drive
by cenika / September 25, 2011 12:52 PM PDT

To uninstall MagicDisc (at least the version 2.7.106 on my machine), fire up the registry editor (regedt32), then change the value of the following key to 0:

Collapse -
How to unistall MagicISO Virtual Drive
by deKronic / December 27, 2011 7:13 AM PST

Follow these steps:

Collapse -
Best Answer Yet
by bbabes65 / January 1, 2012 2:07 AM PST

Thanks dekronic, Best answer and easy, Many thanks

Collapse -
Agree
by Slicer9875 / April 11, 2012 6:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Best Answer Yet

The registry business didn't help at all. The only thing I want to add is that if you try uninstalling MagicISo just using the program file, you might realize that you have nothing else to uninstall it with it b/c everything gets deleted but that dll file. This is what happened to me and you're left with that stupid dll that is not possible to get rid off. THen what you do is reinstall it. Then follow the advice above.

Collapse -
Nope :(
by xoMarlena12 / July 8, 2012 5:10 AM PDT

Sadly this didn't work for me...it still left the DLL file Sad

Collapse -
A simple (?) question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2012 6:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Nope :(

So why wouldn't we delete that file?

I know there are a lot of new users to PCs so I had to ask.

Collapse -
i tried all tehse and found the answer
by soad125 / August 24, 2012 11:58 PM PDT
In reply to: A simple (?) question.
Collapse -
Uninstall Magic ISO
by gordonmillar / February 26, 2014 5:28 AM PST

By far the easiest method is to reinstall the programme first, then
Go to Control Panel : Programmes and Features and choose Magic ISO from programme list
Click Change / Uninstall from top menu
You'll now be presented with the Magic ISO uninstaller
IMPORTANT: Choose "Custom Uninstall" from menu
At each prompt you will see a selection of files / folders in the uninstall box that the uninstaller is asking for confirmation to delete
IMPORTANT : You must choose "select all" from each prompt and all the files will be highlighted, then choose delete
There are around 5 or 6 prompts in total and you MUST choose "select all" everytime
This will then complete the uninstall
Reboot
Even after all this it will still leave a footprint
Open Windows Explorer and look for Magic ISO under "Programme Files (x86)
You may still see a folder there with a file contained within but this time it will let you delete it

Run a good registry checker (CC Cleaner) and weed out defunct registry entries
Job Done

Collapse -
This Method Works
by falden8703 / June 19, 2014 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Uninstall Magic ISO

Thanks gordonmiller, your method cleared my Vista OS of MagicIso v5.5 build 281 from my Windows Explorer right-click menu as well as Start menu and Programs(x86) folder, and desktop shortcuts. A full search did not turn up any finds. I ran Norton registry cleaner. A search in the Windows registry using regedit found several keys still using MagicIso, but I think it is of no consequence.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.