Computer Newbies forum

How to turnon the wirelesscard in laptop disabled by bios

by kgkhan / February 7, 2013 11:31 AM PST

Hi I have two question somebody asked me interview I need the answer because I have the second interview
1)How to disable the wireless card through the bios .
2)How to enable the wireless card of a laptop if it is disabled through the bios.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to turnon the wirelesscard in laptop disabled by bios
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to turnon the wirelesscard in laptop disabled by bios
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
1. Varies with make/model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2013 12:14 PM PST

2. Enable it per the make/model's instructions.

Collapse -
RE: How to turnon the wirelesscard in laptop disabled by bio
by kgkhan / February 7, 2013 1:22 PM PST

Ok I have a Toshiba Satellite L 755 I went to the setup under the bios there were only two option just to create the password for the user and the supervisor I try to create the password even after that there was no other option so I am not sure how we can change wireless card on and off

Collapse -
Then that's a third answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2013 11:52 PM PST

3. Some models don't have such a feature in the BIOS.

Collapse -
Have you checked your product manual ?
by VAPCMD / February 9, 2013 5:38 AM PST

Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm 99% sure the info you seek is found there or in the manual online. You can check the Function ('Fn') keys there....but you've only provided part of the product number so there's no way to check further for us. Up to you from here.

Collapse -
That's answer #4.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 9, 2013 8:19 AM PST

4. Read The Fine Manual.

Collapse -
OK . . .
by Coryphaeus / February 12, 2013 6:57 AM PST

Enter the BIOS per the laptop's procedure, disable the radio. Is this a trick question? Or did you or they leave something out?

Question number two is non-specific. If it's disabled, go back to the BIOS and re-enable it. Or are they asking how to do it via the OS? Really sounds like a trick question also to me.

Collapse -
Looks like the poster has 'abandoned ship' as he/she hasn't
by VAPCMD / February 12, 2013 9:44 AM PST
In reply to: OK . . .

acknowledged, responded or confirmed resolution since the 7th.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.