Samsung

General discussion

how to turn off the store demo mode on a UN46B6000?

by rootbeerz / January 8, 2010 12:36 PM PST

Hi samsung,
I just bought a UN46B6000 aka series 6 46" LED t.v. and i want to know that how to turn the store demo mode off on my T.V. because it really gets to my nerves when i try to watch a movie.
p.s. can you help as soon as possible please?
thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to turn off the store demo mode on a UN46B6000?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to turn off the store demo mode on a UN46B6000?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Store demo
by jw650 / January 8, 2010 11:29 PM PST

Normally, you would select Home mode during inital set-up or "Plug and Play". On my set, you can re-select this by pressing volume then holding the Enter key for 5 seconds - check your user guide in case it's different.

Collapse -
must use the TV controls ... not the remote
by Feothan / December 21, 2010 10:30 AM PST
In reply to: Store demo

Thank you for this posting. But it drove me nuts, until I figured out that you have to do the following USING THE TV CONTROLS -- not the buttons on the remote control.
1. Press - or + volume button on the TV
2. Press MENU button (on the TV) immediately

Another note: Do this only after the annoying Samsung DEMO screen is NOT onscreen.

Collapse -
Samsung monitor turn off store Demo
by James_S_D / November 22, 2011 4:49 PM PST

Thanks to those who post these answers. It has helped me many times.

The Menu+sound hold advice was posted in many forums. It did not fix my new monitor connected to my PC by HDMI cable. Store Demo menu continued to cover the Windows Menu and all my settings were replaced by Store Demo settings.

Here is what solved this Samsung created problem: Turn off and unplug the power to the monitor. Remove the HDMI connection. Connect with a VGA cable. Turn on the monitor. Source, select PC. A choice comes up, Home or Store Demo. Choose Home. A welcome screen comes on. Press remote INFO to verify Store Demo is gone. Turn off and unplug the power. Change connecting cable to HDMI or DVI as you prefer. Plug in and turn on power. Change Source to HDMI or DVI to match connection. Change display settings as necessary to fit your use and preferences. Problem is solved.

Collapse -
helpful post
by dan_NO / February 22, 2012 1:46 PM PST

Thanks for the post was suffering for long time coz this problem but your simple solution worked well.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.