Computer Help forum

General discussion

How to turn computer off safe mode and back to normal mode

by SeasonApril / January 19, 2007 6:33 PM PST

Have Windows XP and Norton 2007. I cannot get the computer back to normal mode due to Nortons. The only instructions I found were for Norton 2007. Can anyone help with this?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to turn computer off safe mode and back to normal mode
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to turn computer off safe mode and back to normal mode
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You can try this
by PKsteven / January 19, 2007 6:40 PM PST

Go to START, RUN, type in MSCONFIG, and hit enter or click ok. In the general tab box that comes up make sure normal startup is clicked.Save, restart. Also if this won't work go to the BOOT.ini tab over a bit and make sure the SAFEBOOT is "un-checked". then hit ok or apply and restart.

Collapse -
Turn off safe mode...
by SeasonApril / January 20, 2007 6:18 AM PST
In reply to: You can try this

Thanks a lot! It worked.

Collapse -
(NT) You are welcome :)
by PKsteven / January 20, 2007 7:22 AM PST
In reply to: Turn off safe mode...
Collapse -
? about ETower
by willbillwas / December 19, 2010 12:53 PM PST

yes this is WillBillWas how can I get safe mode off a ETower also nowen as a eMashien it is a windows 98 566 MHz it was given to me for free tons of cookies I had to del. and is on safemode. I think it is because the icons are big my other com. has a big monitor and they are small and the eMashine has a small monitor can you please help me. But can you email me instead for some reason this computer keeps lossing the WEB page I think it has to do with the RAM memory stick this is a HP with Windows XP I belive it is 2000, 2008, 2009. my Email is PLEASE HELP THANKS

Collapse -
Please Start Your Own New Thread
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 20, 2010 6:07 AM PST
In reply to: ? about ETower

You've jumped into a thread that's about 4 years old and few will see your problem. When you start the new thread, please be sure to post the EXACT specifics of the computer with the problem. So far, it's hard to tell whether the problem computer has Windows 98 or Windows XP install.

Sorry, we don't email folks from these forums. The forums are designed to help ALL members and that involves viewing the problems, and fixes, that are posted here. Besides, posting your email address on these forums is asking for SPAM or viruses to be sent to your address.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
This is WillBillWas
by willbillwas / December 20, 2010 11:55 AM PST

Thanks for letting me kknow my mistake Mr. Thomas I some times do not real lize some things that I do is wrone I had an anurisam a whyle back so I think it is ok when it is not I will keep that in mind but can you tell me why I keep losing my web page sometimes when my Com. takes to long to load a page? maby it might be my RAM Memory do you think for this HP I have Win. XP restored up to date most of the time it is when I go to my mail for some reason it will take a little to load the page then I will go to the desk top back ground Thanks WillBillWas

Collapse -
To Start A New Thread Of Your Own.....
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 20, 2010 12:14 PM PST
In reply to: This is WillBillWas

Click on the link below which will bring you to the main Computer Help forum page, then click on the "Create A New Discussion" button in the upper right.. Once you get the new topic started, make sure to give all the information about your computer so others can participate.

Hope this helps...

Collapse -
Thanks in a millon
by anousone14 / February 9, 2011 1:24 PM PST

Omg I been trying everthing and man this work Thanks a lot!!!! It work find!:) GOOD website.

Collapse -
by barriecairo / May 26, 2011 6:59 AM PDT

After trying all known options for several hours your second option worked for me. Many many thanks. You are a star. Barrie

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.