Tablets forum

Question

How to transfer camera jpegs to Nook HD w/o Computer

by rekops / December 4, 2012 1:19 AM PST

I'd like to get a Nook HD - love the screen resolution and I do a lot of reading. It seems to have less glare than the nexus 7" tablet. But, I can't figure out how to get files from my camera onto the Nook without doing it via computer. When I'm on the road, I don't want to take the computer, I want to take the nook. The Canon G1X camera uses a regular size SD card, and the Nook HD as a micro sD card reader. The camera does have a/v out and hdmi, which I could probably hook up to the nook via adapters but I don't know if the nook will be able to read the files or recognize them so I could save them onto the nook. The nook has a proprietary usb cable which I could hook into a card reader/adapter, but again, I don't know if the software exists on the nook to recognize and manage the files. Any suggestions? thanks.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to transfer camera jpegs to Nook HD w/o Computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to transfer camera jpegs to Nook HD w/o Computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you try an Eye-Fi?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2012 1:28 AM PST

I own a few EyeFi cards and I have a few tablets but not the Nook HD. Just an older Nook.

My nook color as well as the nook hd have a microsd slot. So you can check out http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/Wireless-pix-fr-camera-to-NC-Eye-Fi/td-p/1345782

It appears you can see the pictures of standard JPEG.

Sorry but I don't have the Nook HD so I can't do more here.

-> Parting comment. If support is that bad they can't answer your questions, why are you considering their product?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
I believe you can get a Micro SD adapter
by orlbuckeye / December 5, 2012 11:13 PM PST

and put it in the camera and when your done you can pop the Micro Sd card out and insert it into the Nook Micros Sd Slot.

Collapse -
Micro SD adapters
by pgc3 / December 5, 2012 11:28 PM PST

Yes you can get micro SD adapters, I have a couple of them, I believe I purchased them at FRY'S several years ago.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.