Samsung forum

General discussion

How to sign-in to youtube from my Samsung TV

by sadrhino / January 28, 2011 3:21 AM PST

I recently purchased a Samsung TV (Believe it's this one, or there abouts, UN46C6900 ) and for the life of me can't figure out how to tie my youtube account to the youtube app.

Also, videos are definitely missing from the online version. Am I doing something wrong?

Any help is much appreciated!

-j

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to sign-in to youtube from my Samsung TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to sign-in to youtube from my Samsung TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How to sign-in to youtube from my Samsung TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 28, 2011 10:02 AM PST

sadrhino,

Did you create an account in Samsung Apps, and then enter your login and ID in the Settings menu within the App? If so, press the red "A" button and log into your Samsung Apps account. Then you'll be ready to view your YouTube account (and other associated accounts).

As far as missing videos, YouTube manages the content that is available. In some cases, users have restricted videos or limited viewing capabilities, and those limits may extend to the App. Since YouTube manages it, they would have to address that.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Still lost
by sadrhino / January 28, 2011 11:03 AM PST

Thanks! I managed to get to the part where it asked me if I want to link my youtube with an existing account, which I did, but I don't see any place to get to my playlists.

Collapse -
Samsung TV and Youtube
by tandonabhishek / May 30, 2012 11:03 PM PDT

Youtube is not loading on my Samsung UA46D6400 LED TV. Youtube just shows logo and never loads on TV.
TV is properly connected to internet: facebook and other apps are working.
I tried by logging on to samsung account.

can you tell me how can I delete (uninstall) and re-install Youtube. It is not visible to uninstall from Samsung apps...any other place to look?

-Abhishek

Collapse -
Re: YouTube Never Loading
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 30, 2012 11:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung TV and Youtube

tandonabhishek,

Glad to have you drop by. But just so you know, this forum is meant to mainly support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Australia. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung Australia portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/UA46D6400UMXXY

But we got a nice little community here, and they might have a few other suggestions to help you out.

Hope this helps you!

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
SAMSUNG TV SIGNIN JUST ONCE AND GO TO YOUTUBE FAVORITES
by compean40 / September 30, 2012 7:55 AM PDT

OK,HERE IS THE SOLUTION I HAVE A ES8000 SAMSUNG,PLEASE DO THIS.
1-GO TO SMART HUB,GIVE CLICK IN THE YOUTUBE ICON,AND THEN GIVE CLICK IN SIGIN JUST ONCE,THE DISPLAY GIVE YOU A CODE AND SAY GO TO YOUTUBE.COM/ACTIVATE,WHEN YOU
SEE THE CODE LET THE DISPLAY IN THIS WAY.
2-ON YOUR PC GO TO YOUTUBE.COM/ACTIVATE AND WHEN THE SYSTEM TELL YOU INTRODUCE THE CODE YOU HAVE TO INTRODUCE THE CODE YOU SEE IN THE TV DISPLAY,BUT INTRODUCE IT
IN THE PC,WHEN YOU INTRODUCE THE CODE IN THE PC,THE TV ACCEPT THIS AND YOU ARE
SIGNED IN THE TV AND CAN SEE THE FAVORITES AND DON'T YOU HAVE TO LOGIN ANYMORE.
IT WORK'S IN MY TV,IF FUNCTION FOR YOU SEND GREETINGS FOR MEXICO.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.