How To forum

Question

How to send bulk bcc with WinLiveMail

by pc-woe / May 6, 2012 2:54 PM PDT

Hello all - if this has been answered before just point me to it. Each month I send out a newsletter to about 80 people. WinLivemail won't send bulk bcc (and probably cc). it's most likely to do with spam prevention. I tried with 80 then 20 - no good. Is there a way to enable WinLiveMail to send bulk bcc ?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to send bulk bcc with WinLiveMail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to send bulk bcc with WinLiveMail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
My question is simpler.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 6, 2012 2:56 PM PDT

Why must it be with WinLiveMail? Lots of other choices today.

Collapse -
Answer
Have you ever been able to do this?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 7, 2012 6:03 AM PDT
Collapse -
yes, same provider
by pc-woe / May 7, 2012 11:41 AM PDT

thanks Mark - interesting - that seems to let WLM off the hook. The ISP has not changed - prior to using WLM we used OE with no probs. To overcome the problem for now, I send via an web-client that comes with the website...same ISP and no bcc issues. So doesn't that suggest that the ISP is not the source of the limiting ? I will nevertheless enquire. But if it's not the ISP and it's not WLM then ???
pcwoe
<div>
</div>

Collapse -
Yes I must admit
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 7, 2012 9:51 PM PDT
In reply to: yes, same provider

it does seem strange that you can send bulk via your web mail access, but not with WLM.

I do know web mail and email client software are handled differently, so it may still be worthwhile talking to your ISP, if you can make them understand the problem.

I just had a thought. In WLM, do you select BBC for the first recipient in your list marked or is it a "To", (eg not hidden)? If BCC, try it with "To" for the first one. Perhaps the first one can be your own email address, and the 2nd one any other email address you have, but marked as BCC, as a test, so that when you get both back you can see if the first is hidden from the 2nd.

Sorry, I can see that looks complicated. I will try and explain if you wish.

What about another test? Download and install Mozilla's Thunderbird email software, set up your ISP email account in that, then see if you can send bulk emails in TB. Both TB and WLM will live with each other quite comfortably, (like different browsers), but since this would be a test, make sure all your emails have been downloaded into WLM first before installing and opening this software. Then if you don't like it or it doesn't work, you can uninstall it without losing any emails.

Mark

Collapse -
WLM or TB
by pc-woe / May 31, 2012 4:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Yes I must admit

sorry I took so long to respond Mark - long story.
I normally insert the Society's address in "To" and all recipients in 'Bcc" - so I think that answers what you are saying. I tried TB but found that it doesn't have a lower Preview Pane - for better or worse, I prefer that.
Finally, the ISP says there is no known issue with WLM.
I will continue to search for an email client that provides everything I want - and if necessary, keep WLM for general use and employ a seperate, simple client just for sending bulk bcc. WLM will send a small number of bcc emails - but I don't care to break up the list into small groups.
Anyway, I don't want to trouble you any further with this - it's not a major problem just a bloody nuisance and there's obviously no quick answer - and I can work around it as I said above.
thanks Mark (and others ) for your efforts.
pcwoe

Collapse -
I'm seeing ISP changing settings
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2012 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: yes, same provider

To limit so many emails per minute, hour, day, etc. in a move to limit spam and getting black listed as a source for spam. It's also possible there is something else going on.

Some folk get upset after they figure out that one bad address can cause the email email to fail.

In other words, skip WLM and get better software.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Yes there is a limit in Windows Live Mail
by matayl / September 7, 2013 3:56 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.