Phones forum

General discussion

How To Save/Transfer A Voice Mail?

by higgy4 / October 31, 2008 7:34 AM PDT

I have a verizon LG VOYAGER phone. I have voice mail messages from my mother who regretfully passed away this week.
I want to know IF or how to save/transfer/send theses messages so I can keep them.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How To Save/Transfer A Voice Mail?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How To Save/Transfer A Voice Mail?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I can use this info too.
by Cyberone2000 / March 8, 2009 11:28 AM PDT

I am in the same situation. My dad passed away over a year ago. I had 2 messages from him but lost one accidentally. I have verizon wireless. I wish they had a way to do it. I was told that Visual Voicemail might do it but they were not sure if old messages could be transferred.
If anyone has a way please let me know. My whole family is counting on me to get this message saved. It is the only recording of his voice we have.

Collapse -
voice mail
by birdmantd Forum moderator / March 8, 2009 1:36 PM PDT

Remember that Voice mail is not stored in your phone, it is stored in a remote location. When you listen to voice mail from your phone it actually dials a different phone # to retrieve your messages.

Collapse -
Verizon voice mail to mp3
by evanstm74 / April 7, 2009 4:28 AM PDT
In reply to: voice mail
Collapse -
THANK YOU!
by Ronnie373 / December 4, 2009 12:17 AM PST

Evanstm74 - you are a lifesaver! That service is awesome!

Collapse -
does it work?
by gwingee / December 5, 2009 11:51 AM PST
In reply to: THANK YOU!

I have a msg from my brother ..and he made up a song..It is so funny..I want to save it and make it a ringtone...can they do that?

Collapse -
Try Out
by vik1066 / December 6, 2009 1:37 PM PST

Try out man god will help you.
Try to contact with the technical department, they surely will help you.
they must have a solution of this problem.

Collapse -
I finally did it!!
by GuideMePlease / April 21, 2010 3:31 PM PDT

I have an Omnia on Verizon and it came with a head phone adapter because the headphone plugs into the same jack that I use to charge my phone.
I came across another adapter that has the end I plug into the phone as well as 2 other ports that are the same as the jack port.
I plugged the adapter into the phone jack (on the phone), then plugged my headphones into regular 3mm end, then I plugged the larger headphone jack into the 2nd port.
I then plugged the other end of the audio cable that I purchased at Best Buy into my microphone jack on my laptop, clicked on the sound recorder to bring it up on the desktop. I called my voicemail, hit record and voila I have my grandsons wake up call.
It was saved as a wave file, but there are lots of free programs to convert to mp3.
If you have a cell phone that uses the 3mm jack or similar, all you would need is a converter so you could plug both the headphones (so you can hear your voice message), and plug the other end of the audio cable into the microphone jack on your computer.
I hope this is clear. I will check back to see if there are any questions.

Collapse -
Another way
by mpapi07 / May 29, 2010 2:19 PM PDT
In reply to: I finally did it!!

If you can get Verizon's "Visual Voice-mail" service (maybe 2.99\per month charge), you can forward the voice-mail's via email. They will be in .qpc format (PureVoice File) and you should be able to open them with Quicktime. I did get an error when trying to play some of the files but found a free online conversion utility (http://media-convert.com/). I converted the files to .mp3 and they sounded great.

Collapse -
Need help from any Tech person
by stevemoss329 / August 23, 2010 5:28 AM PDT

My wife's Mother left her a voicemail before she passed and I was unaware of that. We ported to another carrier (from Verizon), but the service was not good and after 2 days ported back. In the process the voicemails did not transfer. I need help to obtain those voicemails. Can anyone help???

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.