Samsung forum

Question

How to reset Samsung HT-C5950W

by erynnecampbell / February 5, 2013 1:13 PM PST

Recently we'e been having major issues with our 3D player since doing the last update. Blu rays that used to play fine before the update, now skip the whole time or won't play at all. We get the disc can't be read etc etc.

We decided to try to reset the machine yet all the manual says to do is turn power off and hold stop button on the product for longer than 5seconds. But everytime we turn the machine off the lights on the top which display play, skip, stop etc switch off an pressing the stop button does nothing.

Can someone pls help on how to reset

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to reset Samsung HT-C5950W
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to reset Samsung HT-C5950W
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
use remote
by barryware / February 5, 2013 10:37 PM PST

try 15+ seconds.. not 5.. if that still does not reset the device, use the stop button on the remote. Same thing.. 15+ seconds. Make sure there is no disk on the machine when you reset it.

Collapse -
Answer
Re: How to reset Samsung HT-C5950W
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 5, 2013 11:17 PM PST

Hi erynnecampbell,

For US models, the procedure is rather straight forward:

1) Power on the player and open the disc tray; ensure there is no disc inside

2) Press the stop button on the front of the receiver for several seconds

Let me know if this helps you.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Still no go
by erynnecampbell / February 6, 2013 5:06 AM PST

Thanks but my model is an Australian model (don't know if that makes a difference!)

I also tried the remote but still nothing. I did notice that the power button flickers on every 5seconda when the stop button is pressed but when machine is turne on nothing has re-set.

So frustrated

Collapse -
Re: How to reset Samsung HT-C5950W
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2013 5:42 AM PST
In reply to: Still no go
Collapse -
No option to reset
by erynnecampbell / February 6, 2013 8:13 AM PST

Thanks for that but still no go! There is no option to reset in the system menu only an option for initial settings but that does t reset the software..

I'm at a loss now what to do.

Collapse -
Re: No option to reset -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2013 10:58 PM PST
In reply to: No option to reset

Hi erynnecampbell,

Sorry to hear about that didn't work; normally, there is some kind of physical button combination for a reset on the device. But just so you know, I support US products and customers. So here's the Samsung Australia portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/HT-C5950W/XSA

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.