Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

How to remove a Trojan Virus

by nettynette / April 2, 2009 1:58 PM PDT

Hi all,

Newbie here, and I just checked out my unresolved security risks on Norton's security history. I have an unresolved virus called Trojan.Brisv.Alinf found on 2/5/2009 (actually I have two). The Risk State says, "Not safe to remove" and the recommended action is "review risk details on Symantec Website". And the Status link says "Manual Removal Required". How do I get rid of this virus? And why hasn't Norton removed it already?

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
~net

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to remove a Trojan Virus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to remove a Trojan Virus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: How to remove Trojan
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 2, 2009 2:39 PM PDT
Collapse -
Important note..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 2, 2009 2:58 PM PDT

netty..

If you have to remove it manually, it's best to do so in Safe Mode.

Best of luck!

Collapse -
Thanks Carol
by nettynette / April 4, 2009 4:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Important note..

Thanks so much for the BleepingComputer.com site Carol! I think that site is just what I needed as a newbie!

If you know of anymore sites that are targeted to newbies (I feel a bit out of place here), PLEASE do share Happy
~netty

Collapse -
You're welcome Netty..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 4, 2009 6:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Carol

Netty..

Something which might be of help in the future. If for example, you're told to go into Safe Mode, and there's no explanation given as to "how", you can go to www.Google.com and enter "safe mode". You'll find a list of sites which will explain it. More importantly, if you don't know how to do something, or you don't understand what you're told, please ask. Keep in mind, we have all been in your shoes, at one time or another. Most members are sensitive to the fact and will be more than happy to explain things.

We have a Computer Newbies Forum, here at CNET.

According to what I've read, most users got infected from downloading music or video files from file sharing sites and peer to peer networks such as LimeWire. If this happens to be your case, you might want to think twice about it in the future, as you'll continue to be download infected files.

Safe Mode is imperative when removing the trojan. Were you able to enter Safe Mode successfully, prior to using the tool or deleting it manually? Or is the problem (once there) you were unable to remove it, after trying both methods?

Please read "Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Removal Tool" It's different from the prior link and should explain the removal process in a way you may understand it. Additionally, this rather long thread at Norton's Community Forum, should cover any situation you might run into. (i.e page 5) It's a wealth of information. (Pay attention to "Quad's" posts)

Netty..most people in the thread were able to rid themselves of the trojan. If you still haven't gotten rid of it, try scanning with the below in Safe Mode.

SUPERAntiSpyware FREE Editon :

? Load SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Check for Updates button.
? Once the update has finished, exit SUPERAntiSpyware. Please do NOT run a scan yet!
? Open SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Scan your Computer button.
? On the right, tick Perform Complete Scan and then click Next below.
? SUPERAntiSpyware will scan your computer and when it?s finished it will list all the infections it has found.
? Make sure that they all have a check next to them, and then click Next.
? Click Finish and you will be taken back to the main interface.
? If asked to reboot please do so, in order to delete any necessary files.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT open any other windows or programs while SUPERAntiSpyware is scanning

I would also suggest installing CCleaner. Instructions for how to set it up are here. Scan with it after installing it and also after the removal process.

Let us know how it goes. If you have any problems with the above, please post back and ask. And if after trying the above, you STILL fail to remove it, there are other options available to you.

Best of luck..
Carol

Collapse -
Thank you and update
by nettynette / April 4, 2009 3:09 PM PDT
In reply to: You're welcome Netty..

Thanks so much Carol for taking the time. And yes, everyone has been very nice here. I just feel like I need to educate myself a little more, so when I ask for help and someone takes the time to give it, I don't have to reply with, "I have no clue what you are talking about."

Okay, the REAL problem. First of all, we did get the virus from Limewire. I have been telling my husband NOT to use that site from the beginning, but to no avail. So, I am getting my own laptop in June/July with Windows 7. Which he will NOT be allowed to touch. However, since we will share the same Internet (with an ATT 2-Wire wireless router), will I still be in harms way, even though I do not download media and will be extra careful about visiting sites on my new laptop?

As for this virus, I can't get rid of it manually (and thank you, I was able to get into Safe Mode easily with the provided instructions). When I follow the directions to the infected files, they're not there. My husband said he already removed the files. So I'm confused about the following: When I do a full system scan, everything comes up clean. But when I check my "security history", and then "unresolved security risks", there are two high risk viruses (Trojan.Brisv.A!inf), with "manual removal required". So this is why I am assuming I still have them. We did take our computer to the Geek Squad two weeks ago, and they said they found 2 really bad viruses, but fixed them. The date on the unresolved viruses is Feb. 5th, so they are not new. Does Norton just ignore them in the full scan, since they are already in the "unresolved security risks" section, or does Norton not "see" them anymore because the files were removed. Or do we just not have the viruses anymore (which seems unlikely, because why would they then be considered "unresolved")

I haven't tried removing with "the tool", but I will and let you know how it pans out.

Once again, MANY thanks to you for your patience Happy
~netty

Collapse -
You're welcome and a mini-update on my end..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 4, 2009 9:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Thank you and update
I think I found a way to solve your problem!!! Trade your husband in for that new laptop you spoke of! Why wait until June? No more LimeWire. No more Trojan.Brisv.Alinf!! Happy Unfortunately..there will be no more husband either. Sad Just something to consider. Wink

Perhaps I spoke too soon about all these fixes I read about at Norton's Forum. Turns out to be a "hit or miss" kind of thing. I did some further research elsewhere, and found a good deal of people reporting a clean bill of health, only to find the files return after a reboot. At this point it may be a matter of continuing to try different things. Once you run the tool in Safe Mode, and do the same with SUPERAntiSpyware, you might also try Autoruns Eater, if you haven't yet achieved success. I've got a list of things which helped various user's, but don't want to confuse the issue, more than I already have.

Download Autorun Eater to your Desktop. Scroll a little way down the page and read 'unzipping files and folders". (I'm unfamiliar with Vista, so I'm really not sure how it deals with "zips") Make sure your browser and all windows are closed. Double-click on the "aesetup2.3.exe" and run the setup. Once complete, you'll see a cone-shaped orange icon your desktop. Double-click on it. You should see a picture of a billy goat (you read it correctly). Then look for the very same orange icon in the notification area, to the left of clock. Right-click on the icon and choose the appropriate drive from the menu. If you have any questions, access the "Help" file, from the same menu.

Netty, take your time. If you have any questions along the way, (again) don't hesitate to ask. If I can't help, or I'm not around, I'm sure others will jump in. Hopefully, one of those "jumper's" will be more knowledgeable and have some further insights into your problem!

Carol
Collapse -
LOL and my mini-update
by nettynette / April 5, 2009 1:31 AM PDT

Girl, I needed that! Thanks for making me smile Happy

I tried the removal tool, but it said "You do not have the virus Trojan.Brisv.A" However, I went back to Normal Mode and did a full system scan (which came up clean), and then went to "unresolved security risks" and it was still there, with the message to "manually remove" it.

I am going to try the SUPERAntiSpyware (hopefully I can download it correctly), and I have already tried downloading Autorun Eater (a suggestion by R. Proffitt in another forum), but I couldn't get the program to work. I mean the little orange cone showed up, but when I click on it, it does nothing. I think Vista has compatability problems (can't wait for Windows 7).

I do have to say, for all the headache this virus is causing, I am learning a lot about computers and security. So that is my silver lining and a reason to keep the husband Wink

Collapse -
SuperAntiSpyware...
by nettynette / April 6, 2009 12:53 AM PDT
In reply to: LOL and my mini-update

I was able to download Superantispyware, and run it in Safe Mode. It did detect two viruses, but they were named "Trojan.FakeAlert/Desktop". I made sure they were checked, and the Superantispyware said it deleted the files.

I then restarted, and booted the computer in Normal Mode. I ran a scan with Norton, and then checked the "Security History", and "Unresolved Issues", but I still have the "brisv.A!inf" viruses on there.

I will try downloading CCleaner, but I have this horrible feeling that I am going to have to just clean house, and reload my OS. Sad

Oh, I also did read through the Norton forum you linked, and apparently this virus is really bad. I may post there and see what "Quads" has to say about my situation.

I'm not giving up just yet, so thanks Carol for any other ideas you may.

netty

Collapse -
Re: SUPERAntiSpyware..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 6, 2009 6:12 AM PDT
In reply to: SuperAntiSpyware...

Hi Netty...

I'm glad to hear you appreciated my "solution". It's sometimes difficult to tell how someone will interpret things. Happy

Only a suggestion. Considering your husband's "preferences", I would keep SUPERAntiSpyware as a stand-alone scanner. Update it regularly and scan periodically.

You wrote, "I ran a scan with Norton, and then checked the "Security History", and "Unresolved Issues", but I still have the "brisv.A!inf" viruses on there". Am I correct in assuming, after scanning, Norton does not report any infection? And that it's only in the history log? The reason I ask is because I'm finding with much further digging, it's been suggested at the forums (and elsewhere) there could very well be a bug in the application, where the status of the history/activity log itself is not being updated. It may even be by design. I tend to believe it's the case. Update and run a full system scan again. If it still does not detect Trojan.Brisv.A!in, I would either ignore the log or clear it completely.

Keep in mind what you previously wrote. "When I follow the directions to the infected files, they're not there. My husband said he already removed the files. So I'm confused about the following: When I do a full system scan, everything comes up clean". You've also used other scanners, which fail to detect it. I personally believe the above is the case. The log status is not being updated.

It's the best I can tell you at this point. I might have found this out sooner, had I "gone in that direction". It's my opinion, "at the end of the day".. you can keep your husband. Plus, there's always that silver lining you spoke of, so it hasn't been "a total loss". Wink What say ye?

Carol

Collapse -
But computer "acts sick"...
by nettynette / April 8, 2009 1:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: SUPERAntiSpyware..

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your time and effort in researching the Brisv.A!inf virus. I thought it was a Norton error as well, but my computer has been "acting sick". Like freezing up when I open webpages, and just a few hours ago, it froze up completely. I got the "blue screen" with no writing, no icons, nothing. Just a blank blue screen.

So, since it's still within 30 days, since Geek Squard "fixed" our computer, I can take it back and let them have another go at, to see if they can find the virus.

What's your take on them? I'm sure, just like anything, it just depends on who you get. That's why I'm trying to learn as much as I can, so that I can debug as much as possible myself.

Are there any other reasons the computer could be "acting" up, besides a virus?

Thanks again,
netty

Collapse -
You never once mentioned "sick" before..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 8, 2009 2:51 PM PDT

Hi Netty..

Is this something new? You never made mention of any of this before. I was under the impression, from your original post, you were only questioning something you found in Norton's log. Why did you take the computer to the Geek Squad in the first place? Did they resolve the issue, you brought it in for? Or is this a different problem?

Yes. There are possibilities besides a virus. I'm not discounting an infection, but only saying the possibility exists, it could be caused by something else. I'm sorry to say, but since your husband continues to use LimeWire, it's difficult (at least for me) to tell you what's going on. You can clear up one infection, only to have another follow shortly thereafter.

If you're able to take the computer back to the Geek Squad. without an additional cost, I would suggest doing so before your 30 days are up. Another option might be to post a HijackThis log, at one of the forums, which analyzes them. The log allows them to "see" more of what's going on. Additionally, they have different tools at their disposal, which we don't use at this forum. If you're afraid you won't be able "to handle it", given the fact you're "new at this", the helpers at those forums are very patient. They will walk you through each step. If you do decide to go that route, all the information is listed in this sticky at the top of the forum. (If you have a problem accessing the link, try again. It will eventually work)

Netty, if you're asking my personal opinion, I would say to first take it back to the Geek Squad. I don't know what their policy is, but if they guaranteed their work, it's their responsibility to follow through with it.

Let us know how you make out. Are you sure you don't want to re-consider my "permanent solution", at this point? Silly
Carol

Collapse -
Different Permanent Solution
by nettynette / April 29, 2009 1:59 PM PDT

Hi Carol,

Long time, I know. Hope you are still around. Thank you again for all your time and help.

I did take the computer back to Geek Squad and they worked on it for a week, to no avail. The computer still crashes (blue screen with no writing). So they offered to reload it. Which I did because I was tired of dealing with it!

I was able to save all my important stuff (work documents and family photos) and everything else went bye-bye.

The good news is that hubby over here, has agreed to NOT use Limewire (or any other "free" media downloader), and although I did not make him sign a contract, I think that means I can keep him Wink

I do need one bit of advice:

Security recommendations. I know that it is posted here somewhere but for the life of me can't find it. Can you tell me how to put together a TOTAL SECURITY PACKAGE? I know that you are only supposed to download ONE of a certain type (antivirus?) and then several of the others (firewalls,antimalware and spyware?, etc).

Now that we are working from a clean slate I would like to uninstall the free 90 day trial of Norton and use AVG and other free security, but I want to make sure that I'm downloading the proper tools.
THANKS!
Netty

Collapse -
What a welcomed surprise!!
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 29, 2009 4:19 PM PDT

Hi Netty..

Yes. I am still around but not for long. It's just after 2:00 in morning and I was about to end a very long day. I'll get back to you tomorrow, but I couldn't help but post now, only to let you how surprised (and pleased) I was to read your recent "good news". Was it the cost of the repairs that got him? Whatever it was, I (now) heavily endorse you keeping him! I take back any prior "permanent and known" solutions. Wink

I'll try to be of some help tomorrow. Right now my head is about to hit the pillow. (If not the desk!)
Carol

Collapse -
Re: Different Permanent Solution
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 30, 2009 4:20 AM PDT

Hi Netty..

I feel the need to, once again, commend you for getting your husband to "cease and desist", from using file sharing sites and P2P networks. It's a major step!

You wrote, "Now that we are working from a clean slate I would like to uninstall the free 90 day trial of Norton and use AVG and other free security, but I want to make sure that I'm downloading the proper tools"

The first order of business: "I would like to uninstall the free 90 day trial of Norton".

The only indication I have, as to which operating system you're using, is in your "mini-update" post, where you wrote, "I think Vista has compatibility problems (can't wait for Windows 7)". I'm going to presume ... Vista it is! As to which trial version you have installed, I can't even venture a guess. (NAV '08? '09??) Nor do I know if it really matters, as long as it's only their A/V you have installed.

First know. I'm not familiar with Norton products, no less the trial versions. If my information is in any way "off", I would welcome any corrections! That said, I would first go to Start>Control Panel. Double-click on the "Programs and Features" icon. Look for anything related to Norton, Symantec, or perhaps Live Update. If the trial version IS listed there, click on the program and then click on Uninstall/Change and follow the prompts. Reboot. Once done, I would suggest running the "Norton Removal Tool". Choose the appropriate product on the list, as the steps may differ depending on the product you have. Even if the trial version is listed in "Programs and Features", I would still use the tool to pick up any remnants.

It may be over-kill, but if you run into a problem, you can also try using the Revo Uninstaller ( http://www.revouninstaller.com/ ) . It's free. Have no fear.. it's a "good free". Unlike some of your "hubby's" PREVIOUS "free" choices. In a prior post, I suggested using (and keeping) CCleaner. The "slim version" can be download from here. And the set up instructions here.

The second order of business: '..installing AVG and other free security'

One of the reasons I shy away from recommending software, is because what works well for one person, may not work well for another. Many factors come into play. I can only recommend (some of) what has worked for me, and perhaps others. I can't assure you they will work well together, keeping in mind the difference in systems, but I can assure they are all safe to use.

Netty, you mentioned installing AVG. Some people love it. Some feel it's becoming bloated and are likening it to McAfee and Norton. I can't speak for it. Why not try it? If you like it and it doesn't pose a problem for you, keep it. If you find it problematic, I would recommend either Avira's AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus or avast! Home Edition.

I would also suggest Javacool's SpywareBlaster. It's a "prevention software that protects against ActiveX based Malware installation. It also protects against known tracking cookies being installed in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and adds thousands of known Malware installing sites to the Restricted sites zone of Internet Explorer". This tutorial should be of help, if you choose to install it. If you don't already have an additional browser (besides IE7 or IE8) you might want to consider another, such as Mozilla's Firefox.

I have both Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware FREE Edition installed, which I use as stand-alone scanners. Again, only my opinion, but I would suggest installing at least one of them.

End of business! Closing chapter of the book! And perhaps, my longest post to date! Silly

Netty, the above is by no means a "total security package". It may sound trite to say "in the end it's your choice", but it happens to be true. Another reason, I rarely (if ever) post what I have above, is because it's only one persons opinion. Try using the forum's search function to get an idea what other people think. You already made a great deal of headway, having your husband abandon LimeWire. Let's hope he sticks to it. If not.. at least you know you have an "alternative solution". Devil

Safe surfing!
Carol

Collapse -
Thank you...
by nettynette / May 1, 2009 1:38 PM PDT

Hey Carol,

Thanks for all the information you provided. Sorry I forgot to give you info. about my computer. Yes, I have Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit. As for the Norton, all I know is that I have the "Basic PC Security", where would I find the version? I will go ahead and try to uninstall manually, and then double check with the Norton Removal Tool you provided. And then if all else fails I will try the free program you spoke of,
"It's free. Have no fear.. it's a "good free". Unlike some of your "hubby's" PREVIOUS "free" choices."

Haha Carol, I LOVE your sense of humor Happy

I will try AVG first, then if it's yucky, I'm on to the other two "A's".

Last question:

I would then have the following downloaded on my computer:

AVG
CCleaner
SpywareBlaster
Malwarebytes AntiSpyware
SuperAntiSpyware

That seems like A LOT. Will this slow down my computer a lot? Also, I assume this covers all types of protection: viruses and malware from the interent and email, theft protection from online purchases...

Oh, wait I lied!!!! I have one more question, do these have to be done(ran/scanned) manually and updated manually? Is that why they are free?

Thanks again for your reply. I enjoy reading your "books" and can't wait for the next chapter!

~netty

Collapse -
You're welcome, Netty.
by Carol~ Forum moderator / May 2, 2009 5:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Thank you...

Hi Letty..

One of your concerns was that the 5 listed programs "seemed like A LOT' and would slow down your system.

In my opinion, it's not so much a matter of how many programs you have installed. For the most part, those which demand a large portion of your system's resources and memory, are more likely to slow your system down, than the physical number of programs. It's one of the reasons you're going to have to do some experimenting on your own.

You wanted to try AVG. AVG and SpywareBlaster are the only two on the list, which would be running in the background ("real-time") monitoring your system for threats. SpywareBlaster doesn't use up system resources, as it only modifies system settings for protection. I only recommended the free versions of MBAM and/or SAS to use "on-demand", as secondary scanners. I did so, because I don't know how the paid versions (with their real-time protection offered) would affect your system. You'll get an idea why, in the next to the last paragraph.

You might want to consider one thing, if you're concerned about additional software slowing down your system. When you first purchased the computer, no doubt it came bundled with quite a bit of software already installed. Some of which you don't need, or ever use. Review what you have installed, and remove that which you don't use. Also read, "Things That Slow Down Your PC". They mention "start up programs" in the article. Malwarebytes' has a small program which will identify unnecessary "start up" applications. It's called "StartUpLite" and is relatively simple to use. (If you don't find it useful, you need only remove it)

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the use of a firewall. You have the option of using Vista's Firewall (built-in), or one's such as Online-Armor Free or Agnitum's Outpost Firewall Free. (These are only a couple of examples which are compatible with Vista) For a list of other's see the sticky at the top of forum, "Free Firewall Programs" )

You also asked if the applications have to be updated manually. I really don't know much about AVG. (See AVG 8.5 Free Edition FAQ) My guess would be, as with the other free programs, you will have to update manually via the program. MBAM and SAS update at least once a day. SpywareBlaster usually once a week. CCleaner varies. Maybe every few weeks? When each updates, you'll find it posted in the "Updates" thread, on the first page of this forum . (And speaking of updates, I'm going to presume you realize the importance of Windows Updates. Great! Glad to hear it!)

Netty, I mentioned in one of the above posts, that what I've suggested is in no way a total security package. And it's not. It would be impossible for me to suggest a "total package", with (what I feel to be) all the "necessities" included. And especially one tailored to your needs. Only one reason, as an example. Vista comes with Windows Defender. If it's running in real-time, I really don't know how it interacts with whatever else you have installed. Same with AVG. It has it's own anti-spyware component. It's why you'll have to do some experimenting. That said, I don't feel any of what I suggested will have a negative affect. There are many things, as far as a "total package" (such as a hosts file) which I haven't mentioned. And the list goes on.

In regard to the programs on the list, you wrote "I assume this covers all types of protection: viruses and malware from the interent and email, theft protection from online purchases". Some of it does. NOT all of it. Email and theft protection from online purchases is another topic. Most of it has to do with you. And a good deal of it all centers around "good 'ole common sense". Most importantly remember THIS!

This will be my last book. I don't think I have another one in me. Sad Maybe a very short story, but no more books!
Carol

Collapse -
How about a short story?
by nettynette / May 3, 2009 2:54 AM PDT
In reply to: You're welcome, Netty.

Carol,

You've been so kind, and I have learned A LOT from you. Thank you.

I will also do a search, but I don't know what you meant by,

"(And speaking of updates, I'm going to presume you realize the importance of Windows Updates. Great! Glad to hear it!)"

Unfortunately your giving me WAY too much credit, I didn't know the importance of Windows Updates. But now I'm pretty much assuming it's important! How do I update Windows? Again, I will do a search, I know you must be tired of writing such long respsonses. Especially when you start calling me "Letty" Wink

I am grateful for your time and imparted knowledge,
~netty

PS I love the little "cartoons" you enter. Very cute.

Collapse -
You got it! :)
by Carol~ Forum moderator / May 3, 2009 10:24 AM PDT

So you also noticed ... "Hi Letty". Grin It "screamed out at me", just after hitting "submit"! Blush

The below should explain what you need to know. There are different ways of installing Microsoft's updates. Until you become familiar with "how it all works", I would suggest having them install "automatically". Just so you know, Microsoft releases the updates, the second Tuesday of each month. (Commonly known as "Patch Tuesday") You'll also find a sticky at the top of this forum, notifying you of the updates, on the given Tuesday.

"What is Windows Update?"

'Windows includes a free, built-in service called Windows Update. This service helps you keep your PC more secure and reliable as well as compatible with devices. And Windows Update provides new features that may enhance your Windows experience. You can set Windows Update to automatically download and install essential updates or you can review the updates before they're installed. The service is as automatic as you'd like it to be.'

"Using Windows Update in Windows Vista"

'Windows Update can be set up to automatically download and install both Important updates and Recommended updates in Windows Vista. This is the simplest way to make sure your PC stays up to date?just set it up and forget it. ' (Learn about other type of settings at the above link)

"How can I tell if my computer is up to date?"

"Windows Update Frequently Asked Questions"

Netty, the updates really are important. If you any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I think I mentioned we have a Computer Newbies forum, but I'm not sure if I also included the Vista Forum.

Best of luck to you..
Carol

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.