Samsung forum

General discussion

how to record a tv program from my samsung lcd tv???

by varun93 / December 24, 2009 2:36 AM PST

hi.i recently bought series5,40 inch lcd.i really want to record tv shows like football matches and want to watch it later.i absolutely have no idea what to do.i read the user manual and they mentioned something like anynet+.i dont know what it is??can someone help out???what is the maximum time i can record???quick responses would be appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to record a tv program from my samsung lcd tv???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to record a tv program from my samsung lcd tv???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
how to record a tv program from my samsung lcd tv???
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 24, 2009 1:22 PM PST

varun93,

There is no Video-Out port on the television itself. If you're using a cable box, you can connect a VHS or DVD Recorder between the wall and the TV and record the show as it's coming in. Many cable/sat companies also offer DVR boxes.

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Same problem
by kerriemanley / April 6, 2012 3:10 AM PDT

I also have a Samsung Series 5 LCD TV with usb features. I would like to record onto my USB HD hard-drive, or is that not possible? The hard-drive is MOVIE CUBE K120

(The TV recognizes the hard-drive and will play the files, I just want to be able to record tv onto it)

Collapse -
So far, no US model does this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2012 3:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Same problem

Update your post when you get the full model number but if it was in the USA, so far, not one model has this feature.
Bob

Collapse -
Not in the US
by kerriemanley / April 6, 2012 3:24 AM PDT

I'm in Europe
Model Number UE32D5000PWXXU version 2

I don't understand, why is there record button on the remote control if it can't record?

Collapse -
There are many reasons.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2012 3:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Not in the US

The drive is incompatible in some way (sorry I don't have a list on that area), the content is protected from recording (most DVDs, etc.)

I'd ask the retailer to tell you what drive to use. Not all will work.
Bob

Collapse -
TV model
by kerriemanley / April 6, 2012 3:35 AM PDT

That was the model number of the TV, not the hard-drive. I don't have the model number of the hard-drive, but it's usb, and the tv recognizes it.

I just want to be able to record from my tv. What drive/box should I get?

Collapse -
Again.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2012 3:39 AM PDT
In reply to: TV model

This is not a feature here in the US so your local Samsung support and retailer get to answer that one.

Just because the TV sees some USB drive does not mean it can be recorded to. I wonder if you brought up a good idea here. Maybe it should do more than not record if incompatible. Maybe some "Alert, this drive can't be recorded to. Try another drive."

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.