Samsung forum

General discussion

How to play DVD with samsung pc share manager 2.1 WITH sub

by bvp1972 / September 11, 2009 7:24 PM PDT

When I play the dvd on my pc I had subtitle in the movie and when I play the movie through Samsung pc share manager 2.1 I didn't have subtitles.

I share an directory with my TV and that works fine for all, only SUBTITLES is the problem

When I convert de DVD to mpeg2 I see subtitles but I don't think that's the way.

Please help en please let me know what program for sharing I better can use

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to play DVD with samsung pc share manager 2.1 WITH sub
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to play DVD with samsung pc share manager 2.1 WITH sub
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How to play DVD with samsung pc share manager 2.1 WITH sub
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 12, 2009 9:08 AM PDT

There are certain file types supported for subtitles. What is the file on the DVD?

Collapse -
Playing a DVD with Samsung PC Share Manager
by rvnuland / September 29, 2010 5:07 PM PDT

Hello Brian,

How do you play DVD's via pc share manager?
Do you click on VIDEO_TS.IFO or does play all the VOB's after each other?
Are you able to play MKV's with subtitle, because I've managed this via MKVExtract.
But you play the audio via PCM which works fine, but if I select dolby digital, the streaming is to slow. Do you recognize this?

Thanks in regards,

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.