PC Applications

General discussion

how to mount .bin .cue files?

by Nightmares0nwax / December 16, 2006 4:50 AM PST

hi guys, ive got 3 cds in .bin & .cue file format.. im assuming i have to mount them, but i am a total newb. can anyone help me? starting from the very basics. i remeber reading a while back i needed to use some software and create a virtual drive. ive never done that before so if anyone could take some time to explain i would be very greatfull. oh and if i need to use software is there any recomendations of freeware apps? thnx

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to mount .bin .cue files?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to mount .bin .cue files?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I put them on CDR and then pop such into the drive.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2006 5:01 AM PST

Done.

Bob

Collapse -
If it's Windows, you do not 'mount' CDs
by ChuckT / December 19, 2006 8:03 AM PST

'mount' isn't the term, nor the action you need to do, with a Windows computer. You did not tell us what sort of computer or Operating System you are using. 'mount' is something common in the UNIX and UNIX-like world.

In the Windows world you just place a CD in the drive and it's there.
If that doesn't work for you, then ask another question, telling us what OS you have and what messages, or results, you are getting.

As for .BIN and .CUE formats:
.BIN is typically a binary format, that is seldom used in the Windows world. But .BIN is used in the UNIX-like and the Apple world. Are you sure whatever you have is for a Windows PC?

Some Windows programs may use .BIN, but they are rare. If the file you have is not for the Windows world, but you are trying to run it on a Windows PC, then that may not work.

.CUE can be one of several file types. I am going to guess that it is a CD image file, similar to the more common .ISO type. If that is true, then you may want to find a program to either burn the image to a usable CD format, OR (and this may be what you were inferring) there are programs that can take CD image files and (sort of) 'mount' them so that they appear as the CD they would be as if the CD image were actually burned.

As for what is in the .CUE (if it is a CD image) and what to do with that, that depends upon what it is to begin with.

Collapse -
get DAEMON TOOLS
by sciflyer / December 19, 2006 5:30 PM PST

download and install daemon tools. this will create a virtual cd drive under "my computer".
when you double click daemon tools, an icon appears in the tray. just right click, and choose to "mount" whatever image (.bin, .cue) you wish.
daemon tools allows for multiple virtual cd drives simultaneously.
hope this helps.

jimmy

Collapse -
Tried that, but the spyware was amazing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2006 10:29 PM PST
In reply to: get DAEMON TOOLS

While they claim up and down and all over, the alarm bells went off and the test machine's performance plummeted. About an hour later with scans and some manual registry edits the pests and daemon tools were ejected.

I don't see why such is being suggested.

Bob

Collapse -
here are 7 reasons it is suggested.....
by sciflyer / December 20, 2006 2:48 PM PST

you have the option to install daemon tools without the adware. and since installing this way, i have scanned with the following tools:
1. pc cillin internet security 2007
2. ad-aware
3. spybot
4. avg antispyware (formerly ewido)
5. cw shredder
6. icesword (just to check any rootkit activity)
7. housecall

i have had ZERO, i repeat, ZERO issues with daemon tools.

Collapse -
This was a download from 2 weeks ago.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 20, 2006 9:33 PM PST

Maybe we got the "good one"? I can see they have a new download version now, but the spyware bundled with the download is nothing short of amazing.

Let me be clear I have no tolerance for spyware. It's costing us too much lost time and money.

Bob

Collapse -
How to mount bin cue files
by mukeshsenwar / March 13, 2009 11:35 AM PDT

Use Power ISO Virtual Drive Manager to mount the bin, cue file on a virtual drive.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.