Samsung forum

How to log out of Facebook from samsung smart tv?

by Purplekeys / September 27, 2011 12:36 AM PDT

My aunt just bought samsung led smart tv. She had already signed in her smart tv ID and password so we can check the apps. Ive tried Facebook and logged in my details, it worked. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to log out from Facebook and get my aunt looged in. Please teach me how to. Thanks a lot.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to log out of Facebook from samsung smart tv?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to log out of Facebook from samsung smart tv?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
How to log out of Facebook from samsung smart tv? -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 27, 2011 2:54 AM PDT

Collapse -
How to log out Facebook from smart tv?
by Purplekeys / September 27, 2011 5:31 PM PDT

You've been a great help! Thanks a lot!!! More power to samsung!

Collapse -
Re: facebook
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 27, 2011 5:52 PM PDT

That means that if me and my wife would both use the TV to access facebook, we would have to go through this procedure each time?

So this is a single user TV? Where are the days that we sat around the TV with the whole family? Single user for a phone or even a tablet is acceptable, of course. But for a TV?

Collapse -
Hey, no worries...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 28, 2011 7:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: facebook

Collapse -
Didn't work
by Draig6 / June 10, 2013 12:08 AM PDT

I'm also trying to log out of facebook, but the "A" button and "D" button don't do anything. Is there another way to log out?

Collapse -
Re: Didn't work
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 11, 2013 1:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Didn't work

Hi Draig6,

I'm sorry to hear this solution isn't working for you. As this post is quite old, would you mind starting a new thread? In that new thread, could you please provide your complete model code?

HD Tech

Collapse -
New thread started?
by Dan_in_Davenport / June 13, 2013 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Didn't work

Has someone started a new thread on this? I have a new 46F7100 & we can't figure out how to log out of Facebook. Our remote does not have A and D buttons. Thanks!

Collapse -
I think it's best that you start it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 13, 2013 3:56 AM PDT
In reply to: New thread started?

That way it pops up as New! and no or few replies which flags it as New! and no replies as well as moves it to the top of the forum.

Collapse -
Thanks for the suggestion Bob
by Dan_in_Davenport / June 14, 2013 2:43 AM PDT

I just started a new thread.

Dan in Davenport

Collapse -
Samsung SMART TV
by AustinAyers105 / October 11, 2013 8:08 AM PDT

I tried that... and nothing happened.... what do i do?

Collapse -
Re: Samsung SMART TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 14, 2013 8:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung SMART TV

Hi AustinAyers105,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device.

HD Tech

Collapse -
i cant log out on facebook
by niro_green / March 29, 2014 3:19 AM PDT having the same problem, i cant log out of facebook on my samsung smart tv, series7.
i did try the intruction above, however nothing is still logged on..and i would like another solution for ths please :(.. reply me asap..thanks

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.