Samsung forum

Question

How to hook up wired or wireless Keyboard to Samsung TV

by LulyLee / November 4, 2012 10:58 PM PST

Is there any way to hook up a wireless or wired Keyboard to the Samsung UN46EH670F????

I have a DVR and a DVD player hooked up to the TV already. Would a USB expander with multiple ports work??

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to hook up wired or wireless Keyboard to Samsung TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to hook up wired or wireless Keyboard to Samsung TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: How to hook up wired or wireless Keyboard to Samsung TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 5, 2012 2:43 AM PST

Hi LulyLee,

Yes, you can try connecting a USB, HID compatible keyboard.

HD Tech

Collapse -
what brand of wireless keyboard works with samsung smart tv
by sher1999 / November 5, 2012 6:20 AM PST

i purchased the 40" smart tv- and trying to use the supplied remote is more than frustrating- i downloaded the ipone app thinking i could use the keyboard function, but that doesn't seem to be an option-
so before i go out and buy something that densest comply with these tv's- what brands of keyboards + mice
work with your tv's...

Collapse -
In prior answers you see the rep
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2012 6:37 AM PST

Tell us why they don't have such a list. It would be showing favoritism for starters. Almost all USB HID keyboards work. Try the Logitech units if you want to avoid trying a few.

Bob

Collapse -
keyboards
by sher1999 / November 5, 2012 6:49 AM PST

thanks bob- albeit favoritism can be a forbidden thing?? - with so many brands stating they work with smart tv's- and dont- it would only help us poor folks who have bitten the bullet spending good money on a samsung smart tv (with such a lame interactive remote control) and then have to spend more money on extra hardware to work with the interactive feature... i am just saying-

Collapse -
Here's my thought on the matter.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2012 6:56 AM PST
In reply to: keyboards

While it's nice to have some thousands of choices, this wide open choice looks to have backfired. I think Samsung needs to sell their own keyboard even if it 's double the price of what you can get at almost anywhere else so they don't have to suffer this question any longer.

There is no possible way the makers can test all the keyboards out there today. Just too many.

Hope you understand the problem. It's almost like asking me to list all the possible AAA batteries that work in my remote. All but one batch have been fine.
Bob

Collapse -
all the many choices
by sher1999 / November 5, 2012 7:22 AM PST

well Bob- yes there are many batteries in this world - but only a few smart tv's-
the word "partnership" might be a clue to end the endless possiblities -

Collapse -
No one has done this partnership.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2012 7:27 AM PST
In reply to: all the many choices

And you can see why I think opening the door to almost any keyboard has backfired.

Again, nod to Logitech.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung TV and wireless Keyboard
by jhawkster / January 25, 2015 11:09 AM PST

Bought a Samsung 2014 32 " 5203 Smart TV. Salesman assured us that the Samsung wireless keyboard would work with any smart tv. All it would do is turn the tv off and on. Exchanged Samsung keyboard for a Logitech KB400 wireless keyboard at half the price. Doesn't turn the TV on, but the track pad and the keyboard work - much better than the controller.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.