Samsung forum

General discussion

how to hook up a WII to a samsung LED TV,

by gregz52 / November 23, 2009 8:26 AM PST

Does anyone know how to hook up a WII to a samusung LED tv, I already have the rca jacks in use for another device, will the USB connection work? is there a possible HDMI cable crossover for a WII? thanks. Gregz

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to hook up a WII to a samsung LED TV,
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to hook up a WII to a samsung LED TV,
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Compoment Cables . . . .
by gandalf1369 / November 23, 2009 9:11 AM PST

If I were you I would buy the Wii compoment cable and just use those to hook up to your TV. You could then set the Wii to 480p resolution - slightly better than the 480i resolution you get from the composite cable.

Collapse -
Good suggestion....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 24, 2009 11:27 AM PST

Or, if you have more RCA devices, you might consider a switch box for RCA ports. These can be found at Radio Shack stores, or your local electronics gadget store, and if you don't mind standing up to push a button to go from one to the other, they can be obtained pretty inexpensively. Many gaming shops (GameStop, etc) either stock them, or could tell you where to find them locally.

--HDTech

Collapse -
fixing Wii black and white
by mayp1965 / December 25, 2010 11:33 PM PST

I just bought a Samsung 6500 LED and had the same problem. I switched the Red and White plugs and put the yellow in the green and all works great. Good Luck!

Phil

Collapse -
Great Thank You
by 1027barb / January 6, 2011 12:18 AM PST

This worked great thank you!!

Collapse -
(NT) you rocked it and it works!
by hermithole / April 24, 2012 5:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
great advice
by ewshorty / December 3, 2013 6:05 AM PST

I never would have figured out that the plugs needed to be switched. Thanks for your posting.

Collapse -
how to hook up a WII to a samsung LED TV fix
by TrololoPikachu / June 28, 2013 4:08 PM PDT

First, hook up your red cable to the R. White to the L. Yellow to the Green. Then go to your Tv's menu via remote. I dont remember where but there is a sources one. Click the one under TV. Then you should be on your Wii screen. If not, your cable is either loose, or probably your wii is off. This is exactly what I did to set it up.

Trololo.

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for the help!
by JMP9999 / January 27, 2014 10:06 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.