Phones

General discussion

how to get msn email on iPhone???

by baseballcrazy / July 22, 2007 12:10 AM PDT

Has anyone figured out how to get their msn email on the iPhone and if u did can u tell me how to do it.

I have been very confused with the process and every alternative has wound up leading me to an error message.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to get msn email on iPhone???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to get msn email on iPhone???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
MSN email
by birdmantd Forum moderator / July 22, 2007 12:25 AM PDT

Have you tried to login through the internet browser??

Collapse -
yes. no luck
by baseballcrazy / July 22, 2007 4:33 AM PDT
In reply to: MSN email

Yeah I tried to sign in online through the safari browser but msn hotmail won't allow me to look at the emails. I can sign into My MSN but not the hotmail. I tried a different account that I just setup with strictly hotmail (address has @hotmail.com) and I can sign in online but my old MSN account that I pay for and has "@msn.com" on the end won't let me access it online.

Collapse -
If you pay for it ...
by Kees Bakker / July 22, 2007 4:39 AM PDT
In reply to: yes. no luck

there should be a customer service to contact. Try that.

Kees

Collapse -
suggestion
by birdmantd Forum moderator / July 22, 2007 10:28 AM PDT
In reply to: If you pay for it ...

Don't call At&t tech for assistance, talk to Apple instead for this type of question/problem.

Collapse -
MSN mobile will work
by antjcat / July 10, 2008 2:23 PM PDT

I used MSN mobile and made a link directly to my MSN email on my iPhone home screen. I am able to check my email quickly however there is no notification/ push.

Steps:

1. Use the following link from your MAC or PC: http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landing/Home/Default.aspx?Locale=en-US

2. Send your phone a sms message using the link (top right corner) on the page.
3. Once you receive the sms message click the link and it will open safari
4. Now that you are a the MSN Mobile page select Hotmail, then save the link to your home screen.

Now you are able to check your MSN email whenever.

I hope this helps and if you have any Q's please contact me.

Ant

Collapse -
Great suggestion
by trespinosranch / September 18, 2008 10:23 AM PDT
In reply to: MSN mobile will work

Hey, you are a wizzard. This works perfect to access your MSN inbox. Too bad it's impossible to add MSN as an email account to the iPhone.

Collapse -
i phone and msn
by vijai19 / September 24, 2008 7:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Great suggestion

your information are useful.but i didn't use i phone and msn so far.

-----------
vijai

sreevysh

Collapse -
The best safest way to get msn on your iphone with push mail
by skeeterzx210 / July 26, 2008 3:08 PM PDT

1.Upgrade to windows live plus

2.Run windows live installer

3.Here here a copy of the instructions

4. Using POP3 and SMTP servers through a Windows Live Hotmail Plus subscription

There are some users who have been able to access their e-mail accounts using our POP3 server by subscribing to Windows Live Hotmail Plus. If you would like to access your Windows Live Hotmail account using POP3 on your mobile phone's e-mail client, I would suggest that you sign up to Windows Live Hotmail Plus. However, before you sign up, please verify with your carrier if subscribing to Windows Live Hotmail Plus will allow you to access your account on your device.

Once your carrier confirms that subscribing to Windows Live Hotmail Plus is required, please go to the page below for details on how to get Windows Live Hotmail Plus:

http://get.live.com/mailplus/features

After subscribing, apply the following server settings on your mobile phone's e-mail client:

Account Information:
Name: John Smith (enter your own name)
Address: example@hotmail.com (enter your full Hotmail e-mail address)
Description: Hotmail

Incoming Mail Server (POP):
Host Name: pop3.live.com (port 995)
-------------

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
Host Name: smtp.live.com (port 25)
-------------

Note: Make sure you check the box that indicates that your outgoing server requires authentication since this is not checked by default in most mail clients.

Username: Your full e-mail address (including @hotmail.com or @msn.com)
Password: Your Windows Live ID password

Important: Our POP3 service requires that you use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with the POP and SMTP connection and use SMTP authentication. This is to ensure that your e-mail address and password will not be tampered with.

For specific step-by-step instructions on how to set up a POP3 account in your mobile phone's mail application, please contact your carrier.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live Mobile.

I hope this helps

Collapse -
msn on iPhone mail
by DouglasTEA / November 22, 2008 5:14 AM PST

I followed these instructions and they definentally helped. However, of course, it didn't quite work. It gives me an error message saying my username and password are incorrect when they really are. Help!!!

Collapse -
huh?
by DouglasTEA / November 22, 2008 5:34 AM PST
In reply to: msn on iPhone mail

who is DouglasTEA? That post as well as this one is made by me, duke rusty. I don't know what happened but, I made it using my as of Tuesday, iPhone.

Collapse -
re:how to get msn email on iPhone???
by rockyragav / September 24, 2008 4:15 AM PDT

this should be done by activating gprs and mobile offices .otherwise some useful softwares are readily available in mobile store.i dont know about other countries.but this is the case in our country

----------
ragav

Blaze Infotech

Collapse -
Hotmail on iPhone
by bgianni / December 6, 2008 4:05 AM PST

to get Hotmail in your iPhone simply open an account with Yahoo,(skip if you already have one)
open Yahoo mail and go to "option" than "import contact" follow the step,imput the information of your Hotmail account ( or any other account ) Yahoo will import all your contact information and Hotmail will forward all the mail to Yahoo so you can read your Hotmail e-mail directly form your Yahoo account on your iPhone or computer

Collapse -
msn email and the iphone
by pangea100 / December 17, 2008 6:08 AM PST

Incoming server - pop3.live.com
outgoing server - smtp.live.com

that will do it.

Collapse -
application for email
by drgentile / October 10, 2010 1:10 AM PDT

m-box email for hotmail works fine download in applications

Collapse -
IPhone MSN Email Setup
by CWS1 / June 6, 2011 6:49 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.