Samsung forum

How to erase AllShare memory of Recently Played

by vzbfrancois / November 24, 2012 3:17 AM PST

I have recently acquired a Smart TV type UN55ES6100.
While I mostly enjoy this HD TV, I have several issues with the Smart TV functionality. One such issue has to do with the AllShare application. It appears that this application keeps memory of the "recently played" files (Pictures, Video, Music). While there is a way to erase entries, one at the time, in this list, this requires so many steps to erase memory of a single file (e.g. one picture), that it is totally unpractical for even one album 10 to 20 pictures. I consider this as a serious privacy issue that makes the application totally useless to me.
I would appreciate if someone could explain how to totally erase the "recently played" memory in one single operation.
Many thanks in advance.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to erase AllShare memory of Recently Played
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to erase AllShare memory of Recently Played
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
some solution ?
by htr76 / June 7, 2013 11:32 PM PDT

I have the same question. A big problem that I can not clean the playlist at once.
Do you have som progress with that.
I think Samsung have somthing to work with.

Collapse -
Clarification Request
How to erase AllShare memory of Recently Played in series 5
by mayur2009 / July 23, 2013 6:43 PM PDT

hi can u help me to removed recnet played viewed photos in all share play

All Answers

Collapse -
Call it in.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2012 6:46 AM PST

The last time we saw this question the only way to clear it was to reset the TV to factory defaults. This has other issues as you suspect. Remember this is not a PC. It's an appliance but the maker needs the calls to know what folk want.

You also can play your consumer voting card and return products that don't meet your criteria.

Collapse -
I agree
by TechHiker / November 25, 2012 9:19 AM PST
In reply to: Call it in.

I wish I had the answer but I don't. I agree with you. There should be an option to delete all items in one operation.

Collapse -
Can't even erase one at a time
by jgman76 / November 24, 2012 11:07 AM PST

You mentioned that you could erase entries one at a time, I am not even able to do that. Where do you go to do that? I saw on another board that you could go to the recently played file list and then select a file and hit 'tools' and it should have a 'remove' or 'delete' there. Mine only has 'Information' and 'Login' is there somewhere else I can go to delete them individually?

Collapse -
Ereasing one at a time
by vzbfrancois / November 24, 2012 6:59 PM PST

The procedure that you describe is indeed correct (or, at least, it works on my UN55ES6100 tv (S/W version: T-MST10PAUSC-1023.2):

(1) In AllShare, in "My List", go to "Recently Played"
(2) Select (move to) the item that you wish to remove: This highlights the item
(3) Hit "Tools". This brings up a menu with the following choices: Play, Remove, Logout and Information
(4) Select "Remove", and then, in the pop-up window that asks for confirmation, hit "OK".
Note: If, in step (2) above, there was a away to select all items, that would/could resolve the whole issue.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -
An afterthought!
by vzbfrancois / November 24, 2012 7:12 PM PST

Re-reading your reply, I realize that you said that, after hitting "tools", your only choices were"Login" and "Information".

I suspect that your problem would be resolved if you did indeed login. After that, I believe that "tools" would give you the options that I have described, including the "Remove" choice.

Collapse -
Good information! Thanks!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 25, 2012 1:20 AM PST
In reply to: An afterthought!

If I could I would make the smart hub integration less tight. In my software world we try to fail gracefully or degrade with a little grace as our app can't call home.

Collapse -
it worked for the 7500 series too
by tvenginair / April 20, 2013 11:25 AM PDT
In reply to: An afterthought!

Thanks, you do need to log in as mentioned above.

I observed something strange with the 7500 series. When I selected the file to delete and hit tools, the hilighted file to delete showed as the next file. I did not want to delete the next file so I came to this forum. Then I went back and repeat the process and completed it this time. After I hit remove the correct file was deleted nevermind it appeared as though you are deleting the next file.

Collapse -
Deleting Recently Played at one shot
by RockyHill123 / June 10, 2013 7:42 AM PDT

Go to Menu -> Smart Features -> Remove Viewing History and select Photos, Videos. You're done

Collapse -
by caty556 / June 18, 2013 9:01 PM PDT

thanks so much you saved my *** after I had finished watching some material I'd rather other people not see

Collapse -
How to erase AllShare memory of Recently Played
by JohnDododo / June 28, 2013 11:42 PM PDT

For Series 8 TVs, press the "HISTORY" button on the remote.
This will show all the movies you've played, and apps etc.
Now press the "Tools" button.
This will create a small menu that gives you two options: "Delete" (for individual entries)
and "Delete All App History"

Choose "Delete All App History" and you're done.

Collapse -
Information erasing made needlessly difficult
by Mr_Dodo / December 26, 2013 6:26 PM PST

In case someone reading this has not realised it; there are two places to remove your viewing history:
First is when you press "information" and scroll sideways to "trash can" icon, this erases some of your recent viewing history.
For erasing items from smart hub view/apps you have to press "menu" and scroll to "smart hub functions" from there you have either "restore smart hub (to factory defaults)" or "remove viewing history".
Either way there is no way of removing one preview picture at a time, you have erase all at once.

To me this is a severe case of not listening to customers when designing UI because everyone assumes that since you can scroll over to picture you can also manipulate or remove it freely which is not the case.
I for one was not happy to realise that even if I removed the usb drive and erased recent view history I'd still have the preview images in the smart hub that I couldn't remove and that anyone such as my kids could view those.
I was with this for 6 months until I found this thread, good thing that I didn't watch anything X-rated from the USB or storage devices.

Collapse -
Still can't remove preview picture!!
by jayyro__ / June 20, 2014 1:37 AM PDT

I can still not remove the thumbnail preview even though it is not available to watch.. My tv gives me none of the options you have listed above, I cannot remove them using the tools button either like previously listed it only gives me play and information. Do you have any solutions?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.