TVs & Home Theaters

General discussion

How to equalize Logitech Z2300 computer speakers? HELP!

by xabre1200 / February 28, 2010 7:32 AM PST

I just purchased the Logitech Z2300 2.1 computer speaker system and found that the many reviews of people saying there was no midrange was correct. I tried equalizing them myself with itunes but nothing really helped. I just ended up turning the "treble booster" setting on and thought it was the best I could do.

I also tried using the Realtech HD Audio Manager's EQ settings to help equalize my speakers. Under "sounds effects" I selected "POWERFUL" which helped clean up the bass but made the satalites sound extremely trebbly and "fake?"

If anyone could give me a few tips to EQ my speakers, they would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I heard many people say to upgrade to a dedicated sound-card, but my speakers sound worse coming out of my ipod than they do from my laptop so i'm not sure if its really necessary.

thank you

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to equalize Logitech Z2300 computer speakers? HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to equalize Logitech Z2300 computer speakers? HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You need real speakers
by Pepe7 / March 2, 2010 2:08 AM PST

That's the true solution, not better EQ. Sorry. It's a potential drawback of the technology unfortunately.

Some other PC speaker recommendations have been made recently if you do a quick forum search.

Collapse -
Z2300
by Goldenchild4942 / August 5, 2010 2:53 AM PDT

I just bought the z2300 and the xonar essence st headphone amp sound card and i got these hooked up to the left and right RCA ports on the card. They sound beautiful. I came to mention that the soundcard came asus GUI utility with alot of EQ options and decoders and i would recommend getting a great sound card for these speakers. I dont have any problems with my mids. But yeah, i know the GUI for that soundcard works wonders. You can forget about realtech onboard, get a great soundcard, with these speakers and make sure you have great quality music being played as well..I listen to lossless m4a from itunes. I get no distortion even on high levels. That soundcard i bought is really made for the headphone amp and left and right channel speakers. You can also buy an attach that comes with 7.1 channel for like $50, soundcard is around $200. All i can say is do your homework on switch soundcard is going to suit your needs and contact the company and ask about the utilities that come with the soundcard. To answer your question, ipod are no good to power these kind of quality speakers..Just like i have headphones AKG K702, just using these with ipods wont sound great...You will need a great sound card, you bought great speakers, so your going to need a great soundcard and if you have a great sound card and speakers, you best to get better quality music like 320 kbps and higher. I hope i helped you.

Collapse -
No comparison
by Pepe7 / August 6, 2010 12:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Z2300

While they are OK for PC speakers, they pale in comparison to some very low priced stereo/bookshelf speakers you can buy for the same price. There's always going to be some degree of tradeoff in performance when you move away from dedicated A/V equipment. Start looking at lossless tracks, etc. and you really should start to consider speakers with greater dyanamic range and sensetivity to enjoy the expanded audio traits.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.