Office & Productivity Software

General discussion

How to copy pictures side by side in MS Word 2003

by ginnyginny / July 15, 2007 11:43 AM PDT

I would like to be able to "copy and paste" pictures onto a word document side by side. Oftentimes the picture is small. Word automatically gives it a line by itself and jumps down to below the picture. Seems simple enough, I just can't find out how to do it. I have Windows XP.

Thanks much

Ginny

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to copy pictures side by side in MS Word 2003
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to copy pictures side by side in MS Word 2003
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: how to move pictures in Word.
by Kees Bakker / July 15, 2007 7:08 PM PDT

Ginny,

See the instruction in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312799 on "How to Modify Picture Position and Text Wrapping". It might need some experimenting to get what you want.

Alternative ways are:
- putting the picture in a text box (or frame) and moving that around
- putting the pictures in table cells

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
Pictures side by side on MS Word Document
by ginnyginny / July 17, 2007 10:26 AM PDT

Thank you for the suggestions. I looked at those a bit but they seem pretty complicated. It's hard to believe you can't do it with one or two SIMPLE steps. Maybe when I try again one of these days it will make more sense to me.
Thanks
Ginny

Collapse -
Pictures side by side...
by Papa Echo / July 18, 2007 4:57 PM PDT

Ginny, those are the simple ways. Perhaps you do not understand ? Another way is to use "newspaper columns" ! All these methods limits what you described as Word automatically gives it a line by itself and jumps down to below the picture. to a small defined area.

Collapse -
I'll try again
by ginnyginny / July 19, 2007 2:01 AM PDT

Simple to others perhaps, but not simple to this brain. I do wish I was learning all this wonderful computer stuff when I was 30 instead of over 50! I'll ask my daughter to give me a hand with the suggestions.
Ginny

Collapse -
How to copy pictures side by side in MS Word 2003 UPDATE
by de1moore / July 15, 2009 1:42 AM PDT

I would like to do the same thing that Ginny wants to do but my requirements are a little trickier. When I insert a single graphic in Word 2003 and reduce it to 20% I can make a HIGH QUALITY PDF and if the user zooms to 400% he/she can view the original image in nearly the same quality and readibility as the original image. Of course the PDF file size becomes much larger. But this is inconsequential in my situation.

I WANT TO PLACE _TWO_ IMAGES SIDE BY SIDE AND REDUCE EACH TO 20% OF ORIGINAL SIZE HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING WILL WORK ON ZOOMING THE PDF.

I NEED HELP ASAP! THANKS.

Collapse -
That would not be a word issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2009 2:11 AM PDT

I'd be looking at the PDF creation step and what DPI or target output quality is used. Let's say you zoom to 400%

Your average display is 100 DPI so you'll have to at least go to 800 DPI to be sure.
Bob

Collapse -
What's your problem?
by Kees Bakker / July 15, 2009 3:19 AM PDT

Placing two images side by side?
Reducing the images?

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.