Windows 7

General discussion

How to copy Audio Disk from CD to Hard Drive Windows 7

by cajungirl45 / November 6, 2010 12:54 AM PDT

I know this should be no brainer...but I am unable to copy a music disc with music,(not copywrighted) to copy to my hard drive on my laptop.

Anyone, please help ...Thanks, cajungirl

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to copy Audio Disk from CD to Hard Drive Windows 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to copy Audio Disk from CD to Hard Drive Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The answer depends on what you want to do.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 6, 2010 1:30 AM PDT

For example I could use IMGBURN to create a copy of that CD for later use. But that would not be what they call "ripping" but would "copy to my hard drive". Can you be more specific?
Bob

Collapse -
How to copy Audio disc to Computer Laptop windows 7
by cajungirl45 / November 6, 2010 3:41 AM PDT

Basically, Ihave a music CD from church. I want to take music from the CD and save
on CD.

I have done this a while back and for some reason I am having difficulty with it now.

I did the Rip feature on Windows Media Feature but now cannot find where it placed
the music. I have other music in Media Player from CD's but for some reason I cannot find the file I just did which is a Rip thru Media Player as Microsoft Support said in a write up I found after placing this post.

Thanks for helping me Bob

Collapse -
IMGBURN might be the tool.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 6, 2010 3:59 AM PDT

Using IMGBURN I can save an image of that CD to later create a copy from the image file on the hard disk drive. IMGBURN is free, and many options. Try it.
Bob

Collapse -
Copy CD music to Computer Windows 7
by cajungirl45 / November 6, 2010 4:45 AM PDT

Bob,

I meant CD music To Computer Laptop Hard drive.

I am still unable to get media Player to show me where it "ripped" thefiles. I thought they said it was "rip" if going from CD to computer????

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 6, 2010 4:05 PM PDT

Is that a new question? I was answering your topic and question.
Bob

Collapse -
Copy CD music to Computer Windows 7 by cajungirl45
by cajungirl45 / November 7, 2010 12:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

Bob,

Sorry for the confusion. In my 2nd post same topic I accidentally put that
I wanted to Copy Music from CD to CD INSTEAD of CD to Hard Drive!

I basically have not been able to figure out how to copy the cd music to my
hard drive laptop. I have done it before using Windows Media Player but now
I am unable to copy my music cd's (not copywrighted) to hard drive using the Media Player.

I tried using Media Player as instructed by Microsoft article to "rip" music from cd to hard drive, but Med. Plyr indicates it is ripping but the files are no where to be found. I've looked in Playlist, Rencently Added, C files, and still cannot find the music that "supposedly ripped."

You mentioned it might not be called "ripping??" Whatever it is called I cannot get the music from cd to hard drive on my Windows 7 laptop.

If you can help I would appreciate it. I have referenced articles...but I am obviously not getting something. I am missing some step, something.

Your help is appreciated.....I am off to church service and will be back this afternoon on Sunday. Thank you Thank you Thank you]

Ps you mentioned IMAGE Burn...I am opened to new way of doing this but want music to be saved to the cdrive and Media Player for easy listening access.

Collapse -
Media Player issues are legendary.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 7, 2010 12:22 AM PDT

And need discussion on a new thread or post or discussion.

I will share that even after all that Microsoft did to WMP I find it to continue to amaze me with new errors and in fact remain unreliable.

I don't dis it, I just use other software like CDEX and other media players.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.