Audio & Video Software forum

how to convert wma to mp3?

by WillPalm / June 13, 2012 7:21 PM PDT

I know that this topic is quite popular, but still I can't find a good solution. All the offered methods are too complicated while I'm looking for elegant solution.

What is the best solution to convert wma to mp3?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how to convert wma to mp3?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how to convert wma to mp3?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: wma to mp3
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 13, 2012 7:35 PM PDT
Collapse -
Re:wma to mp3
by WillPalm / June 13, 2012 8:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: wma to mp3

@Kees_B, I've tried free wma to mp3 converter 1.16.
I had the following error:
"please update Windows Media Player to version 7.1 or above, and DirectX to 8.1 or above"
That was really strange, because at the moment I had DirectX 10.
this is why I'd just got annoyed and uninstalled it.
I've got a lot of files, which I'd like to transfer. That's why I'm interested not only in freebies, but also in some qualitative shareware maybe.
Also I'd like to add that one of my criteria is speed. I'm looking for a fast software.
Any ideas?

Collapse -
Re: wma to mp3
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 13, 2012 8:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Re:wma to mp3

I've done it with Microsofts audio converter from the Plus-pack for Windows XP (Media Center edition). Worked quite nice, but isn't available any more. So as long as I have that XP PC in a working condition, I don't need to search for other software.

Maybe other members can recommend other software.
But why not continue searching yourself? Quitting the search after one program that didn't work doesn't seem the best way to find one that works for you.

Collapse -
convert wma to mp3?
by Amyli2010 / June 14, 2012 1:43 PM PDT

Aneesoft programs will do what you want,choose a good one from

Collapse -
Two great audio converters.
by KenHusveg / June 14, 2012 1:50 PM PDT

Freemake Audio Converter (lots of file support and elegant)
LameXP (the best batch mp3 converter available)

Collapse -
2 more variants
by LarryHeart / June 14, 2012 6:12 PM PDT
Collapse -
wma to mp3
by anglecnet / June 18, 2012 1:18 PM PDT
Collapse -
BEWARE that make.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 18, 2012 2:35 PM PDT
In reply to: wma to mp3

Danisoft from memory spammed these forums heavily. No sale for me.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.