Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

How To Contact CNET?

by Houndf / February 6, 2009 12:42 AM PST

I've had a problem submitted for a month. The automated response is:

--------------------------------
This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your message. We make every effort to respond to all customer inquiries. Your query has been assigned case number ref_no. In addition to this acknowledgement, you will receive a direct response from a customer service representative. Please refer to the above case number if you don't hear from us within 5 business days. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST. Again, thank you for the opportunity to better serve you.

For answers to our most frequently asked questions, please refer to our Knowledgebase:
http://artistupload.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/artistupload.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Regards,
Artist Uploads
Customer Service
CNET Download.com
--------------------------------

I know their office hours, but if I could find their phone number that would be a lot more useful. I wish it were right in front of my eyes and I were stupid but I can't find any. Any help would be appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How To Contact CNET?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How To Contact CNET?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Contacting the Upload.com team...
by John.Wilkinson / February 6, 2009 9:21 AM PST
In reply to: How To Contact CNET?

Right now the Cnet Upload.com team is horribly behind handling a stockpile of back requests, and as a result the response time has been greatly increased. However, they are addressing all previously-reported issues, the status of which may be accessed by clicking here.

Regards,
John

P.S. Except in specific cases, all support is provided via e-mail due to the usage of a structured support management system.

Collapse -
Cnet APP not responding
by camionses / February 12, 2014 4:15 AM PST

I have a New Galaxy Note 3...! I downloaded the cnet app from the Play Store... Everything installed as it should...! After 4 or 5 days of using the app, I now get this message when I try to open the app. it says there is no internet connection...! But everything else is working, I have deleted the app and reloaded it, I have turned off my WiFi and tried opening it using data... Nothing works...!!

Any information regarding this problem would greatly appreciated...!

John -

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove email to prevent abuse by spammers on 02/12/2014 at 12:42 PM PT

Collapse -
You should'nt
by itsdigger / February 12, 2014 4:29 AM PST

post your email address here. Spammers and bad folks can get a hold of it and do bad things.

Digger

Collapse -
I've forwarded your post to our ap team...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / February 12, 2014 4:46 AM PST

for investigation, I will update you with anything they find.

Cheers!
-Lee

BTW I removed your email address to prevent spammers abuse.

Collapse -
John an update for you.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / February 12, 2014 7:29 AM PST

I heard back from the mobile app team and they said that there is a feed issue going on, so that maybe the culprit to the issue you are seeing.

I will update you as soon as it is fixed.

They apologize for the inconvenience.

Hang in there.

-Lee

Collapse -
Another update for you John...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / February 12, 2014 9:23 AM PST

This issue should be fixed. Can you please try it out and let me know if it is working for you now?

Thanks!
-Lee

Collapse -
CNET unresponsive, no contact numbers
by rworthington / April 18, 2011 7:02 AM PDT

Anyone who sells anything on line--especially when the product is a download--should provid contact numbers for when things go wrong. Such appears to not be the case with CNET. I donwloaded Avira Anti Vir Premium from CNET six weeks ago. They charged my credit card, but the download did not take. I can find NO TELEPHONE CONTACT NUMBERS for CNET. The last thing I want to do is read through an encyclopedia of "Frequently asked questions" in hopes that my question will be among them. What happened to my download? How do I get Help on this?? What is CNET's contact number? Right now, I feel like one ripped-off customer. Something is amiss here.....

Collapse -
CNET doesn't actually sell Avira software...
by John.Wilkinson / April 18, 2011 11:23 AM PDT

There is a "buy now" link on CNET's product page for Avira AntiVir Premium, but if you look at the URL on the order page, you'll notice it is trialpay.com. That's a third party that actually sells the software for Avira. They display the CNET logo on some of the pages because that's where you came from, but any issues with the order should be taken up with TrialPay while all tech support issues should be taken up with Avira. Honestly, I am not sure what, if anything, CNET could do as they aren't involved in the sale of the software.

However, I will note two things:
1.) You can usually download the free trial from CNET and enter the product key you received via email to activate the software.
2.) At the bottom of every CNET page is a Help Center link - following that you'll be able to file a support ticket/send an email to CNET customer service.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Download App fails to load - No way of Contacting CNET
by FireDocUSMC / February 4, 2014 5:18 AM PST
Collapse -
Thread is more than 1824 days old.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / February 4, 2014 5:43 AM PST

Why not make a new post.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
It's really stupid there's no way to contact the webmaster
by mrhello666 / March 2, 2013 7:10 AM PST

I wanted to send this warning to the webmaster and couldn't even find a contact for the website!!!!

I just went to this page:

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?tag=pfindersrch&searchtype=downloads&query=skype&filter=platform=Mac|&filterName=platform=Mac|

And among the sponsored links there's one with a little space man logo that looks suspiciously like a link to mac defender, which, as you should know is malware.

It places your entire organization under suspicion as to how clean your downloads are.

Keith Sanborn

Collapse -
I tried and came up empty.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2013 6:17 AM PST

Thanks for the warning but it didn't happen here. I even looked for mac defender in the search. No hit.
Bob

Collapse -
hello
by ZALTA1980 / August 7, 2013 2:16 AM PDT

ight now the Cnet Upload.com team is horribly behind handling a stockpile of back requests, and as a result the response time has been greatly increased. However, they are addressing all previously-reported issues, the status of which may be accessed by

Collapse -
Looks incomplete?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 7, 2013 10:40 AM PDT
In reply to: hello

This thread is more than 1643 days old.

And my reply is also out of date. Things have changed so if you have an issue that is newer, I suggest a new post.

Again, my reply is out of date.
Bob

Collapse -
I can't find a number either
by ModuleV / June 11, 2013 7:22 AM PDT

Looking for a phone number to contact CNET

bump

Collapse -
Is this what you are looking for?
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / June 11, 2013 7:46 AM PDT
Collapse -
hello
by ZALTA1980 / August 7, 2013 2:19 AM PDT

There is a "buy now" link on CNET's product page for Avira AntiVir Premium, but if you look at the URL on the order page, you'll notice it is trialpay.com. That's a third party that actually sells the software for Avira. They display the CNET logo on some of the pages because that's where you came from, but any issues with the order should be taken up with TrialPay while all tech support issues should be taken up with Avira. Honestly, I am not sure what, if anything, CNET could do as they aren't involved in the sale of the software.

However, I will note two things:
1.) You can usually download the free trial from CNET and enter the product key you received via email to activate the software.
2.) At the bottom of every CNET page is a Help Center link - following that you'll be able to file a support ticket/send an email to CNET customer service.

Collapse -
Re: Is this what you are looking for?
by Big Steve / March 2, 2014 11:05 AM PST
Lee Koo:

It would be easier if you would just reply to my emails; I sent you 2 this weekend.

Big Steve
03/02/14
Collapse -
Tablet
by PoundSalt5 / March 19, 2014 7:36 PM PDT

Quick question . I'm looking for a tablet but clueless on what to get. I'm not very computer savvy and I have a iphone 5. Any advice will be use full. Thank you very much.

Collapse -
Quick answer.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 19, 2014 7:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Tablet

This isn't a question for this thread in this forum. Try out tablet forum: http://forums.cnet.com/tablet-forum/

But you'll have to be more specific about WHY you are looking for a tablet.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.