Samsung forum

Question

How to connect speakers to Samsung LED?

by JamesCtheMC / January 3, 2013 9:44 AM PST
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to connect speakers to Samsung LED?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to connect speakers to Samsung LED?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
RCA?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 9:50 AM PST

I see Audio Out Mini Jack but the RCA jacks seem to be for video inputs to the TV. I also see Digital Audio (Optical) on this TV but somethings off when you wrote RCA.

HDMI would require ARC to work and we know not to trust that.
Bob

Collapse -
??
by JamesCtheMC / January 3, 2013 9:56 AM PST
In reply to: RCA?

I tried using HDMI and the red, white, yellow cables to connect the speakers to the TV but it didn't work. What am I supposed to do?

Collapse -
I checked the manual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 10:00 AM PST
In reply to: ??

And looking there I see no RCA audio outputs from this model. I did see the mini-jack so wouldn't we get a mini-jack to RCA if that's the goal?

Also, speakers to the mini-jack sound incorrect too as speakers need an amplifier.

I don't want to upset you here.
Bob

Collapse -
by JamesCtheMC / January 3, 2013 10:04 AM PST
In reply to: I checked the manual.

Are you saying the TV doesn't have the audio outputs? How do I connect my speakers to the TV?

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 1:51 PM PST
In reply to: ..

I wrote twice about the audio output on the minijack and the optical. Do you have folk that setup your gear for you?
Bob

Collapse -
what did you mean: wrote twice about the audio jacks
by MIKKELRM / January 4, 2013 1:09 PM PST
In reply to: Sorry.

I apologize, but I'm new to the forum. What did you mean? I have a sams 32 4050 with analog 3.56mm jack on back and it won't support my Sennheiser 120 wireless headphones. They work, then shut off, then sometimes come on. The jack works with earbuds. Headphones are fine with other devices. Seems like the sams 32 4050 (which is set up like the 4000) does put enough power into the analog audio out to power the headphones.

Collapse -
Are you JamesCtheMC ?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2013 2:13 AM PST

The discussion is about RCA jacks they are trying to use. If you are not JamesCtheMC you should start your own discussion because the topic would change.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
??
by JamesCtheMC / January 3, 2013 9:55 AM PST

I tried using HDMI and the red, white, yellow cables to connect the speakers to the TV but it didn't work. What am I supposed to do?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.