Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

How to connect my cell phone with my PC - Please help!

by Donato777 / February 15, 2006 8:28 PM PST

I am new to this and I'm confused. I have a Nokia 6600 and have downloaded the PC Suite software for this phone, but I do not have a bluetooth enabled PC or infrared port on my PC. (Dell Dimension 2400) Do I now also need to purchase Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth and install that before I can connect my phone to my PC? If so, what version - there are so many - Elite? Comfort? 3.0? Thanks for your help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to connect my cell phone with my PC - Please help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to connect my cell phone with my PC - Please help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have the cell company show you it working.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 15, 2006 9:50 PM PST
Collapse -
with my cell, I also get a cable for
by Melati Hitam / February 15, 2006 11:57 PM PST

connecting to the pc... and its a USB.. the software/drivers/utilities is install in the computer... (I don't have infrared or bluetooth on my PC)

Maybe, what you need is only a cable and installing the software.

Collapse -
how to connect pc to cellphone
by anusha_1024 / January 7, 2009 11:08 PM PST

waht are the reqirements of connecting pc to cellphone.

Collapse -
Two solutions
by thetimo / January 8, 2009 7:50 PM PST

If I were you, I would either buy a USB cable for the phone or a bluetooth adapter for the pc. Maybe the cable is the easier solution.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.