Laptops forum

Question

How to configure a XMG A722?

by Jim_Boob / March 3, 2013 3:29 AM PST

I have been looking around at gaming laptops for sometime now, and it seems to me that the best deals can be found using shops like sager that allow you to configure your own laptop. Now being based in the UK sager were out of the question as the shipping cost would be huge. On the up side I have manged to find a good shop selling configurable schenker notebooks. (http://mysn.co.uk)

My budget is 750 - 900 pounds and for that I obviously want the best gaming laptop I can buy. So I have been swaying towards the XMG R722 (http://mysn.co.uk/xmg-A722)

Now I was wondering in your opinion what is the best way to configure that notebook / Is there something else entirely I should be looking at? But with a bit of luck you will only answer the first one.

Cheers!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to configure a XMG A722?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to configure a XMG A722?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Bad news.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2013 3:30 AM PST

If they won't help you do this then it's a very bad sign and an indication of their future support.

"Run away."

Bob

Collapse -
OoO
by Jim_Boob / March 3, 2013 3:34 AM PST
In reply to: Bad news.

You know I had not even considered asking them, Thanks.

I will do that now, but in the mean time, any suggestions?

Collapse -
A quick look finds
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2013 3:39 AM PST
In reply to: OoO

What appears to be another re-label job. I saw GPUs above the 640 model so all can game. But let me be honest here. "Gamers" are still on a desktop for the best performance for the buck. Yes I see the attraction to a laptop but the gamer is still on the desktop for many reasons.

Since nothing is sub-par on the GPU, all should game.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.