Samsung forum

Question

How to change 3D Depth

by RayzTheRoof / July 19, 2011 1:14 PM PDT

The 3D depth option on my UN46D8000 is grayed out unless I have it in 2D to 3D conversion mode. Therefore, if I want to see a higher depth whiel watching normal side by side 3D, I have to change it to 2D-->3D conversion, adjust the depth, and then change the 3D mode back to side by side. This is very tedious and I was wondering why the setting is always grayed out.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to change 3D Depth
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to change 3D Depth
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try This
by Mr Shaun Warburton / July 19, 2011 10:28 PM PDT
In reply to: How to change 3D Depth

Use the 3D options in the Plug and play menu

Collapse -
Can't
by RayzTheRoof / July 28, 2011 9:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Try This

Plug and Play is always grayed out, unless you have it set to the TV input

Collapse -
PiP and P&P
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 29, 2011 7:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Can't

RayzTheRoof,

Collapse -
I got it now
by RayzTheRoof / July 29, 2011 10:37 AM PDT
In reply to: PiP and P&P

I get it now. I read somewhere online that you cannot adjust 3D depth for regular 3D viewing, but only for the 3D conversion feature. Also, there is no 3D adjustment option under Tools but that isn't a problem anymore since I can't adjust depth for regular 3D stuff

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.