Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

How to Bypass Windows xp sp3 user account

by rahul_friends / July 26, 2010 5:43 PM PDT

tell me how to bypass password in windows xp sp3 bulitin user a/c guest a/s is logged off.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to Bypass Windows xp sp3 user account
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to Bypass Windows xp sp3 user account
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 26, 2010 9:56 PM PDT

I only know how to reset passwords (google NTPASSWD) or to boot Ubuntu from CD or USB to access the drive's files. The good news is that no direct method works to bypass this password.
Bob

Collapse -
How to reset password
by rahul_friends / July 27, 2010 7:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry no.

Then tell how to reset password of builtin user account if reset s by boot then explain how to boot in detail....

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 28, 2010 4:41 PM PDT
In reply to: How to reset password

If you research NTPASSWD then the details are already posted. I would have to type this everytime someone asked. At least the free, easy to use tool is ready for those that research a little.
Bob

Collapse -
how to boot from NTPASSWORD its not working
by rahul_friends / July 28, 2010 7:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

I have downloaded NTPASSWORD but when boot it nothing s displayed in my screen my windows starts with same problem of admin password...

any solution .

I have downloadedthe folder which contains NTPASSWORD file but it does'nt start in my laptop.

wat to do?

Collapse -
Did you go to your BIOS settings and make sure
by Steven Haninger / July 29, 2010 6:26 AM PDT

the device you are trying to boot from is placed before the hard drive? If so, if you downloaded a file with the .iso extension, how did you burn that to your disk?

Collapse -
promblem in proceeding with NTPASSWORD Reset Details
by rahul_friends / July 29, 2010 8:21 PM PDT

I have downloaded NTPASSWORD Reset sucessfuuly...now when I boot the cd the following s displayed..

Using DPMS DOS protected Mode Services
Cache size : 7670 KB (XMS)
minimum cache : 1024 KB
write -through drivers :A B

Current options:
/MLX program is loaded into conventional and XMS memory using DPMS
/BL=16 Lookahead buffer is in conventional memory size is in KB
/Lend=ON Lend memory to ther applications-6646 KB available
/Delay=OFF write delay is disabled,caching is write-through

Caldera DR-DOS 7.03
copyright(c)1976,1998caldera,Inc.All rights reserved.

[DR-DOS]A:\>_

Question:

at the above statement i.e [DR-DOS]A:\> it stops and texteditor blinks if enter suppose \Delay=OFF it dispaly this statement
[DR-DOS]A:\>Delay=OFF
the command or file is not correct....

How to proceed furthur......

Collapse -
Next time
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 31, 2010 1:46 AM PDT

Don't make a bootable CD. Create the CD like the sites tell you to.

Collapse -
a 3rd party utility may help
by michellechan2010 / August 1, 2010 2:06 PM PDT

Windows password Recovery 6.0 can safely and easily reset Windows passwords in a matter of minutes in case an administrator's password or user's password was forgot or lost. You need not to re-install correct-configure the operating system any more. Enhanced with intuitive Graphical User Interface, this Windows password recovery toolis much easier to use than ever. All you need is to boot from the CD created with Windows password Recovery 6.0 and select the user account you wish to reset. Just in a few seconds, the password will be automatically set as blank. Then you can log into Windows with a blankpassword (no password).

Tutorial to create Windows Password reset CD as following steps,

1.Download Windows password Recovery 6.0 from Password Recovery Official site: http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/windowspasswordrecoery.html
2.Decompress the Windows password recovery and note that there is an .ISO image file. Burn the image file onto an blank CD with the burner freely supported by Password Recovery.
3.Insert the newly created CD into the locked computer and re-boot it from the CD drive.
4.After launched the CD, a window pop up with all your account names(if you have several accounts) select one of the accounts that you have forgotten its password to reset it. Just one press, this software can remove screen password instantly.

Collapse -
Windows Password Recovery 6.0 would it work in Windows xp sp
by rahul_friends / August 1, 2010 8:49 PM PDT

I have went on site but there s only trial version download...would it work on builtin admin A/c to reset wat's ur thought

Collapse -
NTPASSWD is free. No charge, and free to use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 2, 2010 12:48 AM PDT

All the above points to the usual incorrect method of creating the CD from the ISO. I've lost track how many times folk create a bootable CD and place the .ISO on the CD.

Try creating a CD from the .ISO and it should boot. Resetting a password with NTPASSWD is simple with answering one question and yes to the next ones. This is why I don't write how to use it.
Bob

Collapse -
Just a note.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 2, 2010 5:16 AM PDT

There appears to be two discussions from the same OP about this subject. The other one here;
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?messageID=3340401#3340401

I'm not entirely sure both discussions are the same, I haven't read through either of them. But I wonder if what we fear is happening, duplicate posts causing confusion and duplication of content.

Mark

Collapse -
How to create NTPASSWORD CD with Nero Software
by rahul_friends / August 2, 2010 5:19 PM PDT

Tell me which way to burn & how to burn to create proper .ISO cd...IN detail Nero Version 6.0

Collapse -
Sorry I never use Nero.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 2, 2010 10:51 PM PDT

But you could try google with words like "How to use an ISO file with Nero."

Here I use IMGBURN. At least we now know you didn't create the CD properly.
Bob

Collapse -
Give some cd burner name which can be useful for NTPASSWOR
by rahul_friends / August 3, 2010 10:32 PM PDT

give a link for proper cd burn software... for NTPASSWORD

Collapse -
It's NTPASSWD
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 3, 2010 10:39 PM PDT
Collapse -
set up need for full version of win password recovery 6.0
by rahul_friends / August 3, 2010 10:35 PM PDT

if have provide link

Collapse -
That title is 19.95 at
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 3, 2010 10:41 PM PDT
Collapse -
bypass xp password
by andylausmith / August 2, 2010 7:53 PM PDT

If you don't want to change the password:

1 > Get a program called Ophcrack(very large. 496Mb)
2 >> Download the liveCD (ISO)
3 >> Burn the ISO to a CD using an ISO burner
4 >> The Live CD's come with the free rainbow tables, so you might need to download other tables (cost money)
4 >> Bootup from the CD
5 >> Crack the SAM and System file

Another easier way is to remove windows password.
Try Windows password Recovery , you can login back in 5 minutes with it!
http://findpassword.net/how-to-retrieve-a-lost-windows-xp-user-login-password/

Collapse -
bad link
by rahul_friends / August 3, 2010 10:31 PM PDT
In reply to: bypass xp password

bad link any other way

Collapse -
How to Bypass Windows XP Password with Windows Password Key
by Meilili622 / August 3, 2010 11:12 AM PDT

As you can't login Windows XP operating system, the only thing you can do is making a Windows password recovery disk and using the disk to recover your Windows password, and then you need:
1> a blank CD disk or USB flash drive.
2> a computer that can download from Internet .
3> a program that can recover Windows password.
However,there are many software available and you don't know which is better,If that,I suggest you some good software both me and my friends always use:
Windows Password Key:It is considered as the best tool to reset local administrator and user passwords on any Windows system.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.