How To forum

Question

How to

by Alexis Peart / April 22, 2012 4:01 PM PDT

Hello there whenever browsing through the how to topics i notice that if i click on page 35 as an example and finsh with that page and nedd to go to page 36 the brownser takes me back to the very first page wich is page 1 and i have to go one by one in order to reach all the way down to page 36 this is something to consider fixing because it's very stress full and takes a long time to get there, could there be a fixt on that issue please???

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Clarification needed
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 23, 2012 2:36 AM PDT
In reply to: How to
Collapse -
Me againg
by Alexis Peart / April 23, 2012 4:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Clarification needed

Yes i'm referring to the how to videos topics??

Collapse -
Got it, I was able to reproduce the issue you are...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 23, 2012 5:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Me againg

describing. I have filed a bug to have someone look into it.

Thanks for reporting it, hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Same old same
by Alexis Peart / April 23, 2012 3:29 AM PDT

From my stand point it doesn't do it at all even when i'm at my brother's house it's the same needs a fix on that...

Collapse -
Just asking
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 23, 2012 3:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Same old same

Are you the same Alexis Peart who asked the question n the top post in this discussion?

I ask because that poster was asked to clarify which web page was causing the problem, and we are waiting a reply.

In case you missed the post, it is this one here; http://forums.cnet.com/7726-21563_102-5302346.html

Mark

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
When you just want to go back one step
by Steven Haninger / April 22, 2012 8:16 PM PDT

can't you just press the browser's back arrow instead of the back to how to button? I tried that and it worked for me.

Collapse -
Same old same
by Alexis Peart / April 23, 2012 3:32 AM PDT

From my stand point it doesn't do it at all even when i'm at my brother's house it's the same needs a fix on that..
If you say it works for you then all i can say that you're a magician.

Collapse -
Answer
Update, this is fixed now...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 24, 2012 8:21 AM PDT

give it try and let me know if you are still having issues.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
Same issues
by Alexis Peart / April 24, 2012 4:39 PM PDT

Yes Sir the problem remains...

Collapse -
I just tried this and it can work one of two ways
by Steven Haninger / April 24, 2012 8:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Same issues

I went to page 10 and read one post. From there I pressed the "back to how-to" button and it did take me to the very start. I did the same thing but, from that post, pressed by browser's back arrow (FF) and it took me to the page 10 listing. From there I could press the < > arrows to move through the pages. Try that. Read some random post and use the browser back arrow to see where you land.

Collapse -
Try doing this.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 25, 2012 1:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Same issues

When you're on the page, do a SHIFT + refresh on your browser.

This should clear the old cached page. BTW what browser are you using?

Let me know if that works.

Thanks!
-Lee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.