Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Question

How should i decrease my page loading speed on my website?

by ashwanigaat / March 19, 2014 11:11 PM PDT

I have a website designed on wordpress but the page loading speed is much higher so what should i do.
my website url -- www.t20ipl7.com

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How should i decrease my page loading speed on my website?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How should i decrease my page loading speed on my website?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: fast
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 19, 2014 11:24 PM PDT

I've never seen anybody preferring a slow site above a fast site. Why do you want that?

Kees

Collapse -
by renoldscott / March 26, 2014 5:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: fast

The fastest loading sites are best now a day's. So why you want to do that?

Collapse -
Answer
The first thing to do
by Sovereign Forum moderator / March 19, 2014 11:51 PM PDT

is to assess why your website is loading slower. There are several tools that can help you do that: GTmetrix, Google's PageSpeed Insights, and Pingdom's Website Speed.

I ran your site through all of them, and here are the highlights:

GTmetrix:

* Specify image dimensions
* Combine images using CSS sprites
* Leverage browser caching
* Remove query strings from static resources
* Defer parsing of JavaScript
* Add Expires headers
* Compress components with gzip
* Make fewer HTTP requests
* Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
* Configure entity tags (ETags)

Google's PageSpeed Insights:

* Optimize images
* Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
* Reduce server response time
* Minify JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Pingdom's Website Speed:

* Parallelize downloads across hostnames
* Remove query strings from static resources
* Minimize DNS lookups

You can run a report using each of the aforementioned tools, which will guide you on how to fix some of those issues. They don't all have to be fixed, but I'd address the critical ones.

It also looks like you're using timthumb, which has been related to some website vulnerabilities. That said, looking at all your timthumb requests, some result in 500 and 400 http response codes (should be in the 200/300 range).

Lastly, there is no mobile-friendly version, which means if your website has performance issues on desktops, it will be even worse on mobile devices. This could cause you problems in terms of search engine ranking.

~Sovereign

Collapse -
I am getting the same problem with my site
by onlinershub / April 15, 2014 1:06 PM PDT
In reply to: The first thing to do

I have the same problem with my site's speed. These speed tools suggest that I need to optimize my images which I did using optimization tools, but still my site load slow. One problem suggest "defers parsing of java script" which I don't know what to do.

Collapse -
Answer
Page Loading
by arianna143 / April 15, 2014 8:08 PM PDT

I come to know first time that somebody want to decrease the loading speed of the website. Page loading speed must be fast and it also helps you to improve the website ranking.
If you want to decrease the speed then add more CSS in the back-end of the website and it will give you your expected results.
Thanks

Collapse -
Answer
suggestion
by gozlukcuamca / April 26, 2014 8:00 PM PDT

if you are sure that there is no problem with your server, than you should focus on the content. you should remove the old and big files from the site.

Collapse -
Answer
hi
by henryjames12 / April 28, 2014 9:28 PM PDT

Just check that your css file and scripting

Collapse -
Answer
Reduce Page Load Time
by Alexdavd / April 30, 2014 9:38 PM PDT

Friend If you want to reduce page load time then 1st use minimum plugin in your website and kindly don't use heavy images and choosing those hosting which have fast server speed

Collapse -
Answer

hi,

Website Load time affect Google ranking.As Google started to take load time into account when ranking sites.Even half of the visitor expecting website to load with 2 secs.

If your website load time is fast than you will tend to boost customer confidence and trust in your website.

Thanks

Collapse -
Answer
Re: How should i decrease my page loading speed on my websit
by AlbertJohns_1 / June 17, 2014 10:22 PM PDT

Remove W3C Validation Error, this will increase your site speed.

Collapse -
Answer
opinion

But why do you want to decrease page loading speed ?

Collapse -
Answer
Reduce Page Load Time
by manusis / November 18, 2014 7:23 PM PST

Best option is to analysis your website in webmaster tool...there is option page speed insight...You can see all problem with your site that affect the speed of site.Also suggest that how to fix to problem...That will help you.

Collapse -
Answer
to get slower...
by alisnikol / November 23, 2014 8:12 PM PST

If you wants to make your site as slower as possible than use much of videos and flashes over their, and also you can slowed down the site loading speed many images, redirection and low server response.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.