Speakeasy forum

General discussion

How much does Gay Lifestyle cost you?

by James Denison / February 28, 2014 6:09 AM PST

We've already shown in past how the overwhelming number of people with HIV contracted it through sodomy, and a lesser number through shared IV needles. So, how much is the sinful life of the Gays costing Americans?

It is measured in the billions of dollars for an easily preventable disease.

"President Obama's Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 federal budget request,
released on April 10, includes an estimated $29.7 billion for combined
domestic and global HIV/AIDS activities.1 Domestic HIV/AIDS is funded at $23.2 billion and global at $6.5 billion in the request.2
The FY 2014 request represents a 5.5% increase ($1.5 billion) over FY
2013 levels, which totaled $28.2 billion. FY 13 funding was finalized
through a Continuing Resolution (CR) several months ago, but final
funding levels by program, accounting for the effects of sequestration,
were only recently made available.3
Final FY 2013 funding levels reflect cuts due to sequestration, which
mandated an approximate 5% decrease from enacted levels to most
discretionary programs, projects, and activities.4
Some of the increase in discretionary funding in the FY 2014 request
over FY 2013 can be attributed to the effects of sequestration. Detailed
data for FY 2009-FY 2014 are provided in Tables 1-2.
Federal funding for HIV/AIDS has increased significantly over the
course of the epidemic, including by $4.7 billion (or 19%) since FY 2009
(see Figure 1). This growth has been driven primarily by increased
spending on mandatory domestic care and treatment programs, as more
people are living with HIV/AIDS in the United States. "

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How much does Gay Lifestyle cost you?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How much does Gay Lifestyle cost you?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just to be mean and meant TIC
by Steven Haninger / February 28, 2014 6:39 AM PST

One could consider that promiscuity is important to the economy. It does create "shovel ready" projects. Devil

Now I need to go and repent of such evil thoughts.

Collapse -
All these research centers
by James Denison / February 28, 2014 6:59 AM PST

surely make a lot of money from HIV research. When you look at the numbers of men and women with HIV, it's about 3% or less of the population. I'm not sure I'd call that an "epidemic" which is a term loosely used nowadays anytime HIV is mentioned. I was looking at funding for children with cancer and it's really sad how such innocents suffer when it comes to much less funding to help them, when compared to the gravy train of HIV funding made available both to hospitals, researchers, and those with the disease.

Collapse -
(NT) Children with cancer don't vote
by Steven Haninger / February 28, 2014 8:33 AM PST
Collapse -
No, but their parents do, you'd think that would count for
by Rob_Boyter / March 1, 2014 1:54 PM PST

something. I would rather see better funding for Cancer, based on all those things that contribute to it, like chemical contamination in the environment. Remember Erin Brokovitch? The chemical used to clean the tanks leached into the groundwater, and the people living in the area came down with a whole variety of problems and cancers.

Of course that was why the EPA was founded by Richard Nixon, your guy. It's a pity that crippling it has been the Republican mission since Reagan. Perhaps if the EPA had been permitted to do its job, there'd be less childhood and adulthood cancer.

"If HIV was God's punishment on Gay Men, then Gay Women must be his chosen people."

Collapse -
Well that was about as tasteless as possible, Steven.
by Rob_Boyter / March 1, 2014 1:45 PM PST

Do go try to purge your disturbing and disturbed thought processes.

Beside, "as more people are living with HIV/AIDS in the United States." your Shovel Ready idea isn't exactly shovel ready.

I've already pointed out before that only in the US is HIV thought of as a Gay disease. It isn't, nor has it ever been, it just hit that community in the US first. Gay friends tell me that if you go visit the Baths, admission gets you a towel and a condom, more if you ask for them, and apparently there are goldfish bowls everywhere filled with condoms. That way the gay community doesn't tend to spread or incubate the disease. Despite what James thinks.

I worked in a Pharmacy in Britain where registered addicts can get syringes, needles and condoms by the bucket load, and through which they can get their carefully limited doses of heroin. The rest of Europe is the same. Remember Cream, and its drummer Ginger Baker? He was a registered heroin addict back then.

Only the US holds the HIV=Gay statement to be true, and only part of the US thinks that. I like to think of them as the Lower Third of the population.

Collapse -
Read my later post before flying off the handle
by Steven Haninger / March 1, 2014 6:25 PM PST

I didn't indict the gay population at all. You may have read that in but that would be your own prejudice.

Collapse -
And you need to purge your own thought processes
by Steven Haninger / March 1, 2014 9:02 PM PST

How can anyone be so selfish and short sighted as to try and find defenses of workarounds for personal destructive behavior. I find your comments about buckets of needles and syringes and goldfish bowls full of condoms to be about as disturbing and disgusting as it gets. You talk about conserving energy, and saving the planet for further generations but you condone bathhouses and other sexual hookup joints where people can selfishly pleasure themselves at the possible cost of those same future generations? Do you think we should be willing to forgo the pleasure of automobile trips into the countryside to save fuel but be tolerant of promiscuity as long as condoms are used. We save on fossil fuels to keep the air cleaner but we dump millions...maybe hundreds of millions of contaminated latex balloons into out refuse system? It's that type of limited thinking that can't see past our next moment of pleasure that's what will sink us.

And, yes, my use of the "shovel ready" term did refer to the digging of graves for those who insist that promiscuity is some sort of human right. It is personally destructive and passes along both bad example and deadly consequences to the next generations...the ones you claim you want to protect. I find your comments to be foolish at the minimum and outrageously selfish to boot.

Collapse -
what a filthy world to live in
by James Denison / March 1, 2014 9:24 PM PST

And James isn't the one that makes it a gay men's disease, I didn't first coin the term, it was the doctor who discovered it in the gay community. Furthermore, 75-80% of all HIV infections even now in the USA is among MSM or what we refer to as "gay" men. As for gay women, they have their own host of health problems.
Beside the STD's shared between them and the increased rate of breast cancers, many will die childless, or in past they'd seek a bisexual male to impregnate them, someone in that gay community, and get HIV too, and have a child with HIV.

Collapse -
No, James merely continues to harp on the Gay=HIV tune
by Rob_Boyter / March 5, 2014 12:14 AM PST

despite clear evidence to the contrary. I've never said that Gay men aren`t at risk for HIV, I just maintain that in many countries, IV drug users and heterosexuals are far more at risk, Straight Men and Women, particularly in Africa, are the primary sufferers from HIV. The same appears to be true in Russia. The Gay population constitutes only 2 to 3% of the population as a whole Assuming rough equivalence of Men to Women that means that 1% of the Populace are Gay Men. So the fact that their impact on the 3.454 Trillon Dollar budget of 27 billion constitutes 0.782 cents per dollar, At just over three quarters of a cent it is pretty negligible. A Billon doesn`t buy what it once did, just ask a Defense Contractor, or a Halliburton executive.

I assume that you didn`t actually read the page, which merely says that gay women should be examined for all the usual common illnesses that apply generally to women.

The site asserts without citing any evidence that Gay Women are more at risk for Breast Cancer. Leaving aside the problems of endocrine, environmental and dietary components to this issue there`s more than a simple assertion needed to establish a link. That`s the first I`ve heard of the link, and I worked in Health Care for 40 years including summer employment as a student at University.

Collapse -
Just keep ignoring the truth and spreading your lies
by James Denison / March 5, 2014 12:23 AM PST

As long and you keep up the lies, I'll keep posting the truth. What happens in other countries isn't my concern, I don't pay taxes to them.

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM))a represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young MSM (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all MSM. At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were MSM or MSM-IDU.

In 2011, in the United States, MSM accounted for 79% of 38,825 estimated HIV diagnoses among all males aged 13 years and older and 62% of 49,273 estimated diagnoses among all persons receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.

Collapse -
(NT) HIV is a disease of promiscuity, not gayness
by Diana Forum moderator / March 5, 2014 7:03 AM PST
Collapse -
Good comment.
by drpruner / March 13, 2014 7:42 AM PDT

Better IMO: sexual activity outside a marriage, IV drug use with concomitant needle-sharing, transfusing of blood and blood products (even today). And, because of the epidemic, we must now add "marriage with a clean partner", and "accidental needle-stick", for innocent first responders.

Collapse -
Who is to blame?
by James Denison / February 28, 2014 6:52 AM PST

"Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM))a represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young MSM (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all MSM. At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were MSM or MSM-IDU. "

At some point in their lifetimes, an estimated 1 in 32 black/African American women will be diagnosed with HIV infection, compared with 1 in 106 Hispanic/Latino women and 1 in 526 white women.
In 2010, the rate of new HIV infections (per 100,000 population) among black/African American women was 20 times that of white women, and the rate among Hispanic/Latino women was 4 times the rate of white women. However, the number of new infections among black/African American women in 2010 (6,100) represented a decrease of 21% since 2008.
In 2011, an estimated 10,257 women aged 13 years or older received a diagnosis of HIV infection in the United States, down from 12,146 in 2008.
Women accounted for 25% (7,949) of the estimated 32,052 AIDS diagnoses in 2011 and represent 20% (232,902) of the 1,155,792 cumulative AIDS diagnoses (including children) in the United States from the beginning of the epidemic through the end of 2011.
In 2010, HIV was among the top 10 leading causes of death for black/African American women aged 15 to 64 and Hispanic/Latino women aged 25 to 44. "
Collapse -
I have some good news for you James
by JP Bill / February 28, 2014 11:42 AM PST
In reply to: Who is to blame?
Egyptian military says it has secretly developed the cure for HIV and hepatitis C —

Unfortunately for you and your vision of the world...they will still be "gay" they just won't have HIV.

Would that be OK with you..they can be as gay as they want as long as it doesn't cost you or the country anything in increased medical expenses?

OR are you using medical expenses as a stepping stone to express you views on homosexuality?
Collapse -
stepping stone?
by James Denison / February 28, 2014 3:44 PM PST

you don't read very well do you? I was quite open in the very first post that I consider it a sinful lifestyle. Let me make it even clearer.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Proverbs 11:19
Truly the righteous attain life, but whoever pursues evil finds death.

Isaiah 3:9
The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.

Those gays sure do enjoy those parades, don't they? WARNING, pictures are offensive to moral humans.

Collapse -
RE: WARNING, pictures are offensive to moral humans.
by JP Bill / February 28, 2014 8:19 PM PST
In reply to: stepping stone?

But it doesn't stop "moral humans" from providing links?

Are you hosting the pics on YOUR site?

Collapse -
Like the pictures of the Holocaust?
by James Denison / February 28, 2014 10:42 PM PST

Do you object to those being used to outrage humanity against what was done? Guess so!

Collapse -
Ahhhh............ the Holocaust .....
by JP Bill / February 28, 2014 11:10 PM PST
Collapse -
Bottom line is that promiscuity
by Steven Haninger / February 28, 2014 6:45 PM PST
In reply to: Who is to blame?

propagates the disease. The reason gay men are most affected is due to how the disease payload is delivered. As I understand it, the risk of another person becoming infected is greatly magnified when the vascular system is breached during intercourse. This should mean that it's improbable that female-female sexual activity results in infection.

I'm not wanting to excuse gay and bisexual persons as being in any way innocent as they are by far the most vulnerable to get the disease but it's them along with the heterosexual community's promiscuity that is the problem. Until we make that clear, the finger pointing will result in a stalemate as far as getting ourselves organized to find the best solution.

Thinking back to what's been recorded in biblical and other writings, I would strongly suggest that the admonitions to control one's hormones came through observation of the consequences of not doing so. This is not new...it's been done before. I'd not be surprised if many STDs have already come and gone after leaving their mark on other civilizations.

Collapse -
What the CDC calls it.
by James Denison / February 28, 2014 10:58 PM PST

"Long Term Mutually Monogamous Relationship" and they even give a definition of it. Funny, but in another day and time we used to call that, "Marriage". I would guess they mean to be inclusive of homosexuality in that definition? That however would properly be called "Monogany".

Of course that means a perversion of the "-gamy" suffix which refers historically to the female, since a male would be a "-gany" suffix. Yet, the forces of "political correctness" are already at work changing dictionaries to pervert the word to further fit into the framework of justification of homosexual relationships.

Collapse -
polyandry is the term
by James Denison / February 28, 2014 11:03 PM PST
In reply to: What the CDC calls it.

but even that doesn't indicate all of the same male sex engaged in sodomy relationship. Seems the only proper term left is homosexual, or the biblical term arseno-koitis which translates as some form of a perverted abusive sexual encounter between men.

Collapse -
by 3rdalbum / March 1, 2014 12:05 AM PST

As much as I hate James' posts on this subject, yours (JP Bill) was even worse.

Just because it was shown in American Beauty, does not mean that people who dislike homosexuals are themselves gay. "I'm secretly gay so I preach hate against homosexuals" does not make any sense. At best it's a tired old meme, at worst it's a pathetic attempt to insult somebody by calling them homosexual. Evidently the irony has escaped you.

Collapse -
2 points from the article
by JP Bill / March 1, 2014 12:24 AM PST
In reply to: Nope

does not mean that people who dislike homosexuals are themselves gay.

From the article

If the person is very homophobic and makes comments against gay people every chance he or she gets, there may be a chance that the person really is gay, or may not even know that he's gay, and the idea of coming out makes him so uncomfortable that this is his reaction.

AND #2

If you want to discreetly find out if someone you know is gay, then you have to be careful throughout this delicate process. To find out if someone you know is gay, you have to observe that person and know what not to do. You may be able to find some clues for whether or not a person is gay, but in the end, you won't be able to know for sure unless that person opens up to you.

Everyone could be any gender UNTIL you have proof? Facebook now has 50 gender choices

Collapse -
(NT) His post was only quoting the text in his link.
by Rob_Boyter / March 5, 2014 12:33 AM PST
In reply to: Nope
Collapse -
the skunk defense
by James Denison / March 1, 2014 12:29 AM PST

That's my term for those who say that. "The Skunk Defense" is when homosexuals accuse others of being the same just like a skunk sprays at opponents to try and make them stink as badly as himself.

Collapse -
(NT) Some might think you're doing what I'm accused of.
by JP Bill / March 1, 2014 12:41 AM PST
In reply to: the skunk defense
Collapse -
(NT) How about you? You spray enough disparagement everywhere.
by Rob_Boyter / March 5, 2014 12:35 AM PST
In reply to: the skunk defense
Collapse -
Jesus Juice?
by James Denison / March 5, 2014 12:37 AM PST

Remember what he said to the sinners he met, even those he healed AFTER their repentance of their sins. "go thy way, sin no more, lest something worse befall thee". Sin was still giving it's wages then, and still giving it's wages now and "the wages of sin is death".

Collapse -
I don't like that the word "gay" has become
by Steven Haninger / March 1, 2014 12:03 AM PST
In reply to: polyandry is the term

so strongly associated with homosexuals that it's almost unusable in any other context. I also don't care for the word being used as a noun. But the thing I dislike most is what the existence of gay persons has become and that it's constantly in my face. Personally, I have no tolerance for tantrums and their use to beat people into submission. One doesn't gain acceptance by being able to shout louder than anyone else.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.