Download.com Site Feedback

General discussion

How many Machines Lists are allowed on TT Plus?

by stefaniacastelli / March 29, 2011 2:23 AM PDT

It's a simple but unanswered question on all your site.
What I need is to keep a profile of my several machines without the need to erase some PC profiles to upgrade a new added one.

Before purchasing a Plus subscription, I would like to know how many machines can be tracked with this kind of subscription or the limit of 4 remain the same even in the paid version.

Thank you

Stefania

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How many Machines Lists are allowed on TT Plus?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How many Machines Lists are allowed on TT Plus?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I believe it is a limit of 3...
by John.Wilkinson / March 29, 2011 9:00 AM PDT

I believe it is still a limit of 3 computers, as noted in this FAQ, but the TechTracker team visit this forum regularly, so one of them should be able to provide a definitive answer soon.

John

Collapse -
Profiles/Machines limitation....strange marketing policy
by stefaniacastelli / March 29, 2011 8:57 PM PDT

Thank you John for you prompt reply.
Since the FAQ you suggested is the only doc that says something about the number of computers track-able by a (plus or free?) account, I assume that upgrading to TT plus doesn't offer an extended database to handle multiple (more than 4) profiles/machines.

They probably think that a sysadmin with more than 4 machines should use a server engined solution to manage its clients on a LAN (with or without a MS AD/Forest etc..).

Since the "cloud" brought into ICT a severe innovation about the way SMEs and Enterprise may actually handle their network, the should consider that as other SaaP for the cloud even TT Plus could quickly become a solution whose target may be not only SOHO users but even SMEs and Enterprise market.

Stefania

P.S. Let's wait, anyway, for an official response from TTP team....

Collapse -
re: How many Machines Lists are allowed on TT Plus?

Hello Stefania,

John is correct, TechTracker Plus is currently restricted to running concurrently on 3 systems for each account.

If you have any additional questions about our software please let me know. I'd be glad to be of assistance.

Regards,
Gregg
CNET TechTracker Support

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.