TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

by Riverledge / January 25, 2008 11:54 AM PST

IF you were THINKING of purchasing this model, but chose NOT to please submit your reasons.

Many thanks to all,

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HOW MANY FOLKS BOUGHT THE SONY KD-34XBR970............
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HOW MANY FOLKS BOUGHT THE SONY KD-34XBR970............
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I did
by LCromwell / January 27, 2008 1:04 AM PST

I did and at $550 from Circuit City (wish I had bought 2) it was a steal. Why do you ask, is there something wrong with it?
Yes I wanted the 960 but didn't have the money then.
Did the 960 have the HDMI plug in?

Collapse -
I did even though I knew it didn't!
by hyghwayman / January 4, 2010 3:58 PM PST

As you know I did buy the XBR970 knowing it idn't have the SFpitch tube didn't matter to me then and still doesn't now(wish it had it but NP )

MY Sony KD-34XBR970 is still pumping out a awesome picture and it survived a 1/2 move to our new home in Nov. 2009

Happy New Year and best wishes to all!

Collapse -
by Riverledge / March 30, 2011 11:58 PM PDT

They just don't make TV's like they used to do. Hope you still enjoy them.

I still love my Sonys, the best sets I've ever owned (XBR-960's) I've had them so long I don't even remember who I bought them from, some place in Washington (the state.) I also
bought the huge 58" Panasonic. Still stunning for the NCAA BB tourament 2011. I think I have met my match!

Collapse -
by Dan Filice / March 31, 2011 10:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Sony HDTV

Good to hear about your Sonys. I have two and I live both, but mine are the SXRD and a later LCD. Running strong. Is your Panny a Plasma? We have two Panny Plasmas in our house and they have stunning pictures. My SXRD has terrible viewing angles, but the image is still stunning and I thought I would never find another picture as good...until the Panny Plasma.

Collapse -
Reply: Dan's Question.........
by Riverledge / April 9, 2011 1:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Sony

Yes, the Panasonic is a 58" Viera plasma. 1080p, but don't remember exactly when 'the monster' moved in; spring of '08 I think. Picture quality goes without saying, I also love the built in TV-Guide and other perks. Hoping it lasts forever, because as with the Sonys its just too damn heavy move around.

Best to all,

Collapse -
Update on my 970
by hyghwayman / April 14, 2011 9:16 AM PDT

Howdy River and Dan,

My Sony KD-34XBR970 is now going on four years of daily use and is still kicking out an awesome picture. Someday I will most likely replace it with a flat panel but I am not looking forward to that day yet!

Best wishes,

Collapse -
When you finally replace your Sony
by Dan Filice / April 14, 2011 3:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Update on my 970

Highwayman, when you do finally replace your trusted Sony with a flat screen, just make sure you feed it a High Def source signal. Flat screens don't look all that great when connected to standard-def cable or satellite, but your jaws will drop when connected to HD. From my personal experience, I highly recommend a Plasma if they are still sold when you finally replace 'ol Nelly Belle. Don't follow the rest of the Lemmings off the cliff by getting suckered into buying a 240Hz LED. That's the hot ticket item these days, and every month I visit the in-laws and put up with their LED that I find has a horrible picture.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.