TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

how good are infinity speakers

by dabug2 / August 14, 2011 5:10 PM PDT
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how good are infinity speakers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how good are infinity speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
by 3coursedinner / August 14, 2011 11:24 PM PDT

You didn't mention what AVR you will be using and how you will be connecting the AVR to any components to power the speakers and what you will be viewing when using the speakers (blu ray, DVD) or mostly using for listening to music.
Please respond if you want an opinon.

Collapse -
Answer
by 3coursedinner / August 14, 2011 11:46 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Sound Great - Amazing
by WildClay / August 15, 2011 9:39 AM PDT

I have the Infinity Premus P362's as my front L/R, Premus 350 Center, Premius 162 for my surround and rear speakers and the PS210 Sub.

I replaced a set of JBL speakers with these and they blew my socks off, I use mine about the following: Blu-Ray Movies 80%, Music (CD/streaming) 20%, mostly old rock, some Jazz, smidgeon of classical).

If I had to do it over again I might have gone for the P162's for everything but the center and sub, I swapped them for my surrounds just to try them as the front l/r and they still sounded great.

This is hooked to a Sony AV receiver, 110W RMS x 7 and the Infinity sub is 300W.

I am not an audiophile so this is just a layman opinion, but these really sound great, the highs are crisp and through the roof, the mid/voice is outstanding as is the bass. For me they are the best speakers I have owned.

Good luck in your hunt.

Collapse -
Answer
Infinity
by Dan Filice / August 15, 2011 4:32 PM PDT

I can't comment on the newer Infinity speakers, but I have an Infinity 10" powered sub that I bought several years ago, and my audiophile friend says my sub sounds better than his SVS sub. I love my sub. I had a center-channel Infinity that I bought at the same time that I just recently replaced with a Polk Audio center speaker. I think Infinity has made very good speakers for many years.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.