Windows 7

Question

how fix interner explorer has stopped working problem

by einkorn / September 8, 2013 11:48 AM PDT
am getting every day many times ,internet explorer has stopped working needs to be closed ,now can no longer attach to my email as it just pop up the same massage ,internet explorer has stopped working needs to be closed ,internet explorer has stopped working needs to be closed ,also whenever am copy / paste am getting pasted duplicate of what had copied "have IE9 window 7 32 bit already reset internet explorer but nothing changed already run Microsoft essentials scan and restarted as well ,
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how fix interner explorer has stopped working problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how fix interner explorer has stopped working problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
It's likely a plugin causing it
by wpgwpg / September 8, 2013 12:49 PM PDT

I had that problem until I disabled the Shockwave player. Check your add-ins and start disabling them one by one until you find the culprit. I'd start with that Shockwave player.
`
Good luck.

Collapse -
attach file at email ,only cause ie stop working
by einkorn / September 9, 2013 6:45 AM PDT

already disabled add ones ,problem still exist

Collapse -
Re: ie issues
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 9, 2013 7:09 AM PDT

So it's time to start using another browser. Firefox and Chrome are well-known (many people ever prefer them to IE) and free moreover.

A further experiment with IE: in the start>run box type
iexplore -extoff
(note the space) to run it without extensions. Does it work correctly then? Then disable more and more until you found the culprit/

Kees

Collapse -
internet explorer has stop working error
by einkorn / September 9, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: ie issues

already did that ,it gives feed back that am currently running without add ones

Collapse -
You could always upgrade to IE10
by wpgwpg / September 9, 2013 7:26 AM PDT

IE10 has been out for a good while now, that's what I've been using. As Kees suggests, there's always Chrome and Firefox. Most folks in the forums here, me included, only use IE for things like Windows Update or the MS forums because it's just too flakey. You can download Chrome from http://www.google.com/chrome and Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org .
`
Good luck.

Collapse -
You could always upgrade to IE10 - New!
by einkorn / September 9, 2013 12:29 PM PDT

yes I made a mistake IE10 is what am using '

Collapse -
Answer
Interner Explorer Has Stopped Working
by livepcexpert7 / September 9, 2013 9:10 AM PDT

Run Internet Explorer in No Addins Mode and let us know if it is working or not
To start Internet Explorer in No Addins Mode, Click on Start and look for RUN. In RUN, type "iexplore -extoff" and click on OK

Try to use Internet Explorer, if it works fine then the issue is due to some addins installed in the computer else the issue is with some conflict.

If IE works fine in No Addins mode then perform teh following steps

01. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-10
02. Cleanboot your computer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
03. Microsoft Security Essentials is good but sometimes does not detect adwares therefore run Malwarebytes from - http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
04. Restart the computer and let us know the status

Collapse -
internet explorer stop working error
by einkorn / September 9, 2013 2:25 PM PDT

am already using no add ones

Collapse -
Two things here
by wpgwpg / September 13, 2013 3:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Interner Explorer Has Stopped Working
by livepcexpert7 / September 13, 2013 3:23 AM PDT

As you are facing the issue with Internet Explorer (No Addins Mode) and you are using Internet Explorer 10 therefore I will suggest you to uninstall IE 10 and come back to IE9

Open "Programs and Features" from Control Panel and then Click on "View Installed Updates" on the left. In the search box on the top right you can type "Internet Explorer". You will get the Internet Explorer 10 update on list. Right click and click on Uninstall.

Restart the computer and then use Internet Explorer and let us know the status.

Cheers!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.