Cameras forum

General discussion

How do you transfer internal memory pictures to memory card?

by mich.c / March 31, 2007 2:04 PM PDT

Hi I'm new here and I'm having trouble with my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T9 camera. My photos are saved in its internal memory and I wanted to transfer them to my PC. I just don't know how to do it (transfer to memory card first). I searched for options in the menu but found none. Could someone please help me? Thanks so much!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do you transfer internal memory pictures to memory card?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do you transfer internal memory pictures to memory card?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sony T9
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / April 1, 2007 12:23 AM PDT

You cannot transfer internal memory to the memory stick.

I assume you have transferred photos from the memory stick to the computer using the supplied Sony software.

Remove the memory stick and follow the same procedure.
Without the memory stick installed, the software will only see the internal memory.
Then you can transfer the internal memory photos.

Look at your Sony T9 User's Guide book.
First read page 23.
It will direct you to pages 60 thru 65.

Collapse -
Actually, you CAN transfer from internal memory to the stick
by drain576555 / April 26, 2007 4:13 AM PDT

Here's what you do:

With the memory stick loaded in the camera, go to the setup menu. scroll down to the memory stick tool. Within the tool, scroll down to copy. Click ok and all images from internal memory are copied onto the memory stick.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Thank you!!!
by bifera / May 11, 2007 5:29 AM PDT

I thought I was going to lose my birthday's pictures because when I tried to transfer from the internal memory to my computer I got a message saying "You have to format before you use it"....but thanks to your tip I got all my pictures. Anyway, next time I will try to remember that I have to check if the memory card is inside of the camera.

Thanks a lot.

Collapse -
Sony DSC H9

Thank You for that help. I took some great Sheep photos on a hike and forgot the memory stick. It works!

Collapse -
OHHH. Big help. I
by MasterCNET / March 30, 2009 12:41 AM PDT

I had my real estate listings in that part of the camera. I was struggling to to figure out a way to get it out. The other sites did not know how. Lucky, I found your response.

Collapse -
It Worked!!
by Armatra05 / September 17, 2009 7:38 AM PDT

Thank you so much!!

Collapse -
Pentex Optio M30

Could you walk me through the process of transferring photos from my internal memory for my Pentex to the memory card? My PC/AV port is mangled!

Collapse -
Pentax M30
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / May 3, 2010 9:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Pentex Optio M30

I downloaded the User Manual and can find no reference to transferring photos from internal memory to the memory card.

Not all cameras can do that.

Can't be sure about the M30.

I suggest you contact Pentax Service for assistance.

Collapse -
it works

oh thanks soooo much! ive been wondering for days on how to do this because i accidently forgot my memory card when i was taking pictuures.
Noone could ever help except now. =) thanks again!

Collapse -
by tqcajun / September 30, 2010 4:21 PM PDT

Thanks! I've been searching for a way to do this and you were a big help!

Collapse -
by blondyeee / October 7, 2010 5:09 AM PDT

Fantastic!!!! Worked like a charm and saved me from driving all over town to retake photos. Can't thank you enough!!

Collapse -
OMG thank you so much!
by Minnie83_21 / January 8, 2011 4:09 AM PST

I forgot to put my memory card in to my camera before snapping photos, and i couldnt find the driver for the camera, so this helped ALOT. Thank you sooooo much, I thought I lost some great photos!!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!

Collapse -
Thanks for that response about transferring internal memory
by bucktownsweetie / January 31, 2011 7:02 AM PST

I was able to use your instructions for transferring internal memory to my memory stick! I was able to apply the same method to my Sony Cybershot DSC-H10. Thanks!

Collapse -

Handy advice - just googled the question and your solution solved my problem, many thanks!

Collapse -
How do you transfer internal memory pictures to memory card?
by israytrish / July 22, 2011 10:45 AM PDT

Thanks man... How people answered that there's no way to do that when they don't know...

Collapse -
by loopylou6969 / August 1, 2011 6:28 AM PDT

please help dont even know how to load memory stick into camera??

Collapse -
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / August 1, 2011 10:21 AM PDT
In reply to: help

#1) If it is a new camera, I suggest you return to the store where you purchased the camera and ask for assistance.

#2) Look at the User Guide that came with the camera and you will find instructions on loading the memory stick into the camera.
If you don't have a User Guide you can download one from the Sony website.

Since you did not provide a camera model number, that is about all I can suggest.

Collapse -
Thanks This help so much
by orangedestiny87 / December 18, 2011 10:43 AM PST

I had the same problem, googled it and read this post. Your answer help me transfer my pictures. Thank you so much...

Collapse -
by foote191 / December 31, 2011 8:15 AM PST

had to sign up to reply to your help note. really really appreciate it....i'm so happy!

Collapse -
by SummerJonas / March 14, 2012 12:30 PM PDT

Thanks for helping!

Collapse -
Can you help with a broken camera screen?
by Epiket / April 15, 2012 4:52 AM PDT

I wanted to copy over the photos from the camera internal memory onto the memory card, but my screen is broken and once I go into "Main settings", I can't see anything on the screen.

Any ideas how to access the memory stick tool option and the "copy" function without being able to see any options on the camera screen???

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2012 5:14 AM PDT

But I've seen folk buy a second camera from Ebay to scavenge parts from.

Collapse -
Thank you so much!
by TefyTef_H / June 7, 2012 6:12 AM PDT

Really thanks for sharing this tip, I didn't know how to download the photos storage in the internal memory. But, after I read this helpful post I got them all.
Thanks to you I have all the pictures from my birthday.

Happy !!!

Collapse -
by dakota6266 / June 18, 2012 1:54 PM PDT

i had done what u said my camera does not give me an option of memory stick on my menu. what i had done was took pics with out a chip in the camera, but when i went back to review what pics i had taken it says nothing to review ? i know there their i tryed my cable from the camera to comp to see if they would come up and nothing worked, i read threw my book about the camera and nothing , now certainly a 500 dollar camera has an interinal memory i would think. i have a little kodac cost 100 and i can take pics with out a chip in it and it stores them too interinal memory . SO, MY QUESTION IS , '' HOW CAN I GET TOO THE PICTURES I TOOK IN THE CAMERA THAT I DIDNT HAVE A CHIP IN, HOW CAN I GET THEM ? PLEASE HELP.

Collapse -
Fujifilm S3280
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 18, 2012 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: hi
Collapse -
Wow thanks in 2012!

I check this forum and the first guy was like you can't transfer them to the memory and I was like **** but then I saw your post and I tried it. Thanks! I think its worth it to make an account just to thank you Happy

Collapse -
Thank You
by Goldman13 / January 27, 2013 12:27 PM PST

Just want to say thank you for the post You dont know how much relieve you post gave me. I lost my cable and forget to insert the memory card when took some important picture for my appraisal work. You post just save me time and lot of headache. Thank you again.

Collapse -
Internal Memory Pics to Memory Stick
by Gadjetty / February 12, 2013 10:20 PM PST

Thanks you so much drain576555, pictures saved Happy

Collapse -
Your suggestion was spot on!
by JimCougar2013 / October 14, 2013 3:43 AM PDT

My memory stick ran out of space when I was going through a client's home to photograph all the items they wanted me to sell for them. I ran out of storage space before I got to the SUV they wanted me to sell for them and had to use the internal memory. Then I could not figure out how to transfer the photos onto the memory stick. I thought I had no choice, but to buy a new transfer cable at Best Buy. Discovered they no longer sold the cable for the Sony Cybershot. Then I decided to Google for an answer and came across this forum with the answer that saved me a lot of extra work! Thanks drain576555. Your answer of 6 1/2 years ago, really saved me!

Collapse -
Transfer from Internal Memory to Memory Card
by surferspy / May 1, 2015 10:53 AM PDT

I did the same thing. Will your steps also work on a Canon PC1742? I didn't see a "memory stick tool" in my menu? Thanks so much.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.