TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

How Do You Remove the LCD TV Stand For Wall Mounting?

by zorialspy / January 22, 2006 11:04 AM PST

I bought a Sony 26" Bravia LCD TV, Model KDL-V26XBR1. It's ready to be wall-mounted, but I am having a tough time removing the base in order to mount it. Sony online support and the vendor BB's repair support are not helpful or unavailable for assistance. I haven't had to call an installer for anything previous to this last step, is there any practical solution for this?

-B

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How Do You Remove the LCD TV Stand For Wall Mounting?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How Do You Remove the LCD TV Stand For Wall Mounting?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
unscrew it from the base
by masterying01 / January 22, 2006 12:12 PM PST

there are 4 screws connecting the base to the tv on the 40xbr. didnt check to see if its the same with the 26inch. the base connects to the tv (on the bigger one) via two prongs both with 2 screws in it, look for the screws and you're all set.

only thing is...mounts for the 26 inch are a little harder to find..so make sure you have a mount that works before drilling holes in your walls. i know for sure, bb only has 2 mounts (one flush mount and one that tilts vertically) that works. if you need an arm on the mount that swivels out, sony has one for $250 on their website.

Collapse -
Putting my KDL32XBR950 (SONY 32" LCD TV) back on the stand
by anygiventhursday / September 16, 2008 1:47 PM PDT

There are no instructions on how to put the TV back on the stand. I took it off to put it on a wall mount. I just moved and want the TV back on the stand. I can easily put in the two screws on the top but the bottom two screws are impossible to line up and screw in. Am I doing something wrong? Will two screws hold the TV on the stand? It seems precarious to me. HELP! I called Sony and they are no help at all. Thanks for any information you can provide. I have the KDL32XBR950.

Collapse -
Removing tv stand for flat screen wall mount
by Kazzwest / September 8, 2008 4:15 AM PDT

We needed to remove the tv stand on our Sony Bravia 40" (KLV-40U100M) in order to mount the tv on the wall and the Operating Instructions manual had no support for this. Sony's customer support was unable to help (they looked into the problem for 30 minutes while I waited on hold then said they'll call back. Still no word from them).
We decided to start removing screws on the back of the tv. By removing eight (8) screws near the base mount, the tv could be lifted easily off the stand. Not sure why this detail is not included in the manual!

Collapse -
how to remove wall mounted sony TV BRAVIA 42 inch screen
by rakesh sharma lnt / September 13, 2008 3:28 PM PDT

We are in the process of painting the house and wish to remove the TV screen but it is not coming out . There are no instrucyions available . Can you help.

Collapse -
26-inch Bravia (KDL-V26XBR1) LCD HD TV Stand
by wjerome / November 6, 2011 2:08 AM PST

Ran across your dated post about removing the pedestal stand for a 26-inch Bravia (KDL-V26XBR1) LCD HD TV.
Do you still have the stand and would you be interested in selling it. We did not get one with the TV when purchase and now need one. You can e-mail me at wjerome72@gmail.com.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.