Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

how do you put pictures on a disc that works for DVD players

by superdolphin / February 21, 2008 5:32 AM PST

how do you put pictures on a disc that works for DVD players?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how do you put pictures on a disc that works for DVD players
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how do you put pictures on a disc that works for DVD players
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Depends on the spec of the DVD-player ...
by Kees Bakker / February 21, 2008 5:38 AM PST

what it can read. Tell more about yours.

Kees

Collapse -
DVD pictures
by superdolphin / February 22, 2008 1:58 AM PST

Besides DVD/CD/CDR/CDRW the only thing else its says is MP3 decoder

Collapse -
Then I should start ...
by Kees Bakker / February 22, 2008 4:52 AM PST
In reply to: DVD pictures

with burning a few pictures to a rewritable DVD in normal data mode and see how it reacts to it.

Kees

Collapse -
put photos on DVD
by joey618 / April 15, 2008 7:16 PM PDT

I use DVD Slideshow Buidler which helps me to create dvd photo slideshow and home movies with my own photos, video and music and burn DVD directly.

you can find more from its official site:
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com

I hope this can help you out.

Collapse -
Try the "Photo DVD Player"
by darbhc / May 21, 2008 8:55 AM PDT

Try the "Photo DVD Maker"
I have used the program and is excellent for me to do my 36 photos to enable me to play same on a DVD player [TV]

Web Page
http://www.photo-dvd-maker.com/photo-dvd-maker.html

You download the full program which will then can be used as the "Free Trial"

Possibly would cover you for your use? If not may have to purchase the program for you to manage a larger number of photos?

The only difference between the trial version and the full version is the limitation that you can only burn maximum 36 photos into each CD or DVD disc.

Regards

Collapse -
I highly recommend PHOTO STORY PLATINUM
by joey618 / September 22, 2008 7:25 PM PDT

I highly recommend PHOTO STORY PLATINUM which is easy to use yet creative software to turn photos and songs to stunning slideshow and share on Youtube, mobile devices or burn CD/DVDs directly.
It has the power to leave someone breathless and offers much simplicity but although a perfect professional result.

I get it a few days ago.

Find samples and tutorial from its official website:
http://www.ourpix.com/photo-story.html#106

hope it helps.

Collapse -
Photo dvd
by flygrass / April 16, 2012 2:01 PM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Photo DVD
by JayGreenstein / April 17, 2012 4:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Photo dvd

I think it can be done with any DVD movie editor.
set it up as a slide show, with each photo as a "chapter" and make it so the photos are displayed for like 5 min.
I haven't checked all the above mentioned links so far as how much useful are these. Sure will check for it. Thanks for all replies.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.