Speakeasy forum

General discussion

How do you know Michelle Bachmann is lying?

by Josh K / March 20, 2013 2:45 AM PDT

Easy: Her lips are moving. Two whoppers in one speech:

Michele Bachmann Tries To Run Away From CNN's Dana Bash (VIDEO)

Michele Bachmann tested CNN correspondent Dana Bash's speed on Tuesday when she tried to duck questions about some false claims she made during her recent speech to the CPAC conference.

"She literally raced away from our Dana Bash," Anderson Cooper told viewers on his show.

Bachmann made comments about the supposedly lavish lifestyle Obama leads inside the White House during her speech at CPAC, slamming the professional dog walker and multiple chefs she said were being paid with taxpayer money.

And....

Bachmann's claim that 70 percent of food stamps go to 'bureaucrats'

Some readers might question why we are checking a statement by Bachmann for a second day in a row. We concede that it might seem a bit much, but her assertions often reflect comments that have bounced around, unchecked, in the blogosphere.

So we were especially curious about the "truth" that 70 percent of the Food Stamp program went to "bureaucrats." It took us a while to track down the original source of this claim, but it turns out that he believes he has been frequently misquoted. So, with all due respect to Rep. Bachmann, it seems worthwhile to set the record straight.

Remember that child's game of telephone, in which the whispered information gets increasingly distorted? That's what happened here.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do you know Michelle Bachmann is lying?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do you know Michelle Bachmann is lying?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just so you won't run out of things to make you happy
by Steven Haninger / March 20, 2013 3:25 AM PDT
Republican lies and liars

I haven't checked any of them out or verified that they are factual but I doubt it really matters. BTW, you can substitute the other party and get a few more hits but that would be just a waste of your time.
Collapse -
(NT) Politician = lies and hypocracy
by Roger NC / March 20, 2013 9:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
The same way
by Glenda. / March 21, 2013 8:37 AM PDT

we know BO is? LOL

Collapse -
(NT) And Reid and Pelosi
by TONI H / March 21, 2013 9:13 AM PDT
In reply to: The same way
Collapse -
Did you click the links, Glenda?
by Josh K / March 21, 2013 11:15 PM PDT
In reply to: The same way

Without invoking anyone else's name, do you agree that Michelle Bachmann is a bit truth-challenged?

Collapse -
No more so than many of your Dems, Josh
by TONI H / March 22, 2013 12:23 AM PDT

Ask Harry Reid, since he's much more public with his lies because he uses the floor of the Senate to spew his.....of course, he can't hold a candle to BO's lies from his bully pulpit.

Collapse -
Can't follow a simple instruction, I see
by Josh K / March 22, 2013 12:27 AM PDT

Not that I was asking you anyway...

Collapse -
Toni
by Glenda. / March 22, 2013 6:35 AM PDT

can speak for me anytime she wants:) No I didn't click on your links, Josh. Why would I? Do you believe any of the stories about BO? All I can say is politicians are mostly liars and do not do what they were elected to do.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.