Computer Help forum

General discussion

How do you cut and paste an image to wordpad?

by bestnews / October 2, 2005 9:10 AM PDT

I would like to create a flyer(brochure) with
an image and text using wordpad. How would I
cut and paste a free image photo from the internet
to my wordpad? And could I type text over the

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do you cut and paste an image to wordpad?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do you cut and paste an image to wordpad?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not with Wordpad
by thought_stazi / October 2, 2005 11:38 AM PDT

WordPad is a very basic text editor, and can't do the things you want.

What you're looking for is a desktop publishing program. There are freeware ones out there, and then there's commercial ones like Microsoft Publisher and a number of Adobe offerings.

Collapse -
You CAN do that with WordPad...
by Edward ODaniel / October 3, 2005 4:47 AM PDT
BUT you can't move the image into the background or anything else other than the most bsic insertion of the graphic.

1. Open the graphic you want to use in a graphic application such as IrfanView.

2. Open Wordpad and begin your document.

3. when you get to the point you want to insert a graphic click WordPad's Insert menu and choose Object. Choose to Create New then scroll down to and select either Gif Image or Jpeg Image then click the OK button. Another dialog window opens and you can select to create the picture from something on the clipboard, by capturing part of the screen area or by scanning. Choose how you want to go and do it.

Alternatively you can simply use the graphic program to select the image then copy it then position your cursor where you want it on the WordPad document then make use of WordPad's Edit Menu to paste the graphic into WordPad.

Now that you know HOW to do it with WordPad why not go ahead and do it right by downloading and installing either
Open Office (free Office Suite at 75 meg download )

Easy Office (free Office Suite at 98 meg download )

602PC Suite (free Office Suite for non-commercial user at 29 meg download)

or by going to this link ( ) and downloading and installing Seriff's PagePlus SE (also free and DESIGNED for what you want to get done and only 19.5 meg ).

Because of the word free in the URL you will need to copy and paste the link into your browser
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.