Computer Help forum

General discussion

How do I stop Windows Installer "Roxio Media Manager.msi"

by kenlotze / June 16, 2009 1:20 AM PDT

I am using a Dell Inspiron 530 2Gig Ram and XP Pro. I had to do a system restore, which seemed to work fine. Now I am getting a popup message all the time looking for a file called "Roxio Media Manager.msi". I can't find the file on the CD, and I have uninstalled and re-installed the Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE program several times. I can't find a tech. support number, they just tell me to contact Dell. (but I am out of warranty) Looking for a way to fix this without re-formatting the PC. Any ideas?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I stop Windows Installer "Roxio Media Manager.msi"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I stop Windows Installer "Roxio Media Manager.msi"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
do you...

have any Blackberry software installed?

Jeff
Windows Outreach Team

Collapse -
BlackBerry Software installed
by kenlotze / June 16, 2009 2:43 AM PDT
In reply to: do you...

Yes I do have BlackBerry Software installed. Is that causing the problem?

Collapse -
Check this out then
by jeff_windows_team / June 16, 2009 3:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
Let's kill it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2009 2:45 AM PDT
Collapse -
How do I stop Windows Installer "Roxio Media Manager.msi"
by kenlotze / June 16, 2009 5:38 AM PDT

It has been fixed!!! I had to put in the BlackBerry Install CD and point the installer to that file on the CD. Thank you for your help CNET FOLKS!!!!

Collapse -
which file?
by superdds / July 1, 2009 4:17 PM PDT

which file on the blackberry cd did you link to? thanks.

Collapse -
Roxio issue
by kenlotze / July 1, 2009 10:28 PM PDT
In reply to: which file?

I did a search on the BlackBerry CD for: Roxio Media Manager.msi

Collapse -
thank you sir
by superdds / July 3, 2009 9:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Roxio issue

worked like a charm....problem solved.

Collapse -
Roxio Media manager
by corlandi / December 1, 2009 12:51 AM PST
In reply to: thank you sir

Hasn't woeked for me! (I installed version 5.01 for my BlackBerry).
The installer doesn't recognize the .msi file in my CD (originaly for v 4.0).
Any clue?

Collapse -
Roxio with 5.01 Blackberry
by saprico / January 12, 2010 5:00 PM PST
In reply to: Roxio Media manager

I have the same problem when I installed the 5.01 BB. Roxio does not recognize the .msi on the Blackberry CD. Any suggested resolution to correct?

Collapse -
re: Roxio with 5.01 Blackberry
by jorgens1851 / July 14, 2010 11:29 PM PDT

I had the same problem with two diff cds, one fore 4.6 and one from my new Bold 9700 with v 5.0. The 4.6 one did not work, but the 5.0 one did. Luckily I had the CD. I would suggest you try to download the full install package for 5.0 and then unzip and find the roxio..msi file. Mine was in E:\files\exec\bbinstaller\

Collapse -
How do I stop Windows Installer "Roxio Media Manager.msi
by rmgarcia86 / November 8, 2010 7:59 AM PST
In reply to: Roxio issue

thanks so much man, this problem was driving my mother crazy and i was able to fix it with your advice.....

Collapse -
Roxio Media Manager pop up
by topgun1998 / February 25, 2010 1:15 AM PST

I looked up the response to "How do I stop windows installer "Roxio Media Manager" and have tried it but can't figure out how to locate the file I need to direct the msi to on the Blackberry disc. any ideas

Collapse -
Roxio Media Manager looking for missing .msi file
by arenarch / March 11, 2010 8:38 AM PST

Has anyone fixed this problem? I found the file on the blackberry CD but the installer will not accept the path to this file.

Collapse -
Roxio Media Manager looking for missing .msi file
by EThug / April 9, 2010 9:58 AM PDT

You can download the Desktop Manager software from the RIM website. Double click the archive package to extract it to the temp folder, and then point the pop-up to that folder to find the msi file that it wants.

Collapse -
Roxio manager update problem
by geturdun2 / April 28, 2010 3:23 PM PDT

I went to the rim website, I think, it has blackberry phones on it. If that is not it, can you please put the link to the rim website. I couldn't find anything that pertained to archives or desktop manager. thanks, TJ

Collapse -
Roxio Media Manager.msi
by mycauldron / May 17, 2010 4:20 AM PDT

The installer ask over and over again for the Roxio Media Manager.msi program. When I give it, it responds with "The file G:\Blackberry\Roxio Media Manager.msi is not a valid installation package for the product Roxio Media Manager. Try to find the installation package "Roxio Media Manager.msi" in a folder from which you can install Roxio Media Manager."

What a pain in the ... I have never come across an application so hell bent on not installing or uninstalling.

Now my system is just not usable, the installer will not go away I can't uninstall it, I have remove everything to do with Roxio from the Registery and it still returns.. It's like a virus.

I like my CrackBerry but this Roxio software that installs with is crap. I would advise anyone who gets a BlackBerry to not install Roxio with it during the install process.

William King

Collapse -
I fixed mine
by drspringer / May 17, 2010 12:21 PM PDT
Collapse -
I fixed mine
by mycauldron / May 17, 2010 3:44 PM PDT
In reply to: I fixed mine

I somewhat fixed it by following something on the Roxio kb of all places., it said to disable the Windows Installer in the Services then run the The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. Make some registry entry deletes. Well it quit looping. but is it gone?

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000086CR

Thanks

Collapse -
Desktop Software package makes a difference
by EThug / May 18, 2010 7:49 AM PDT

Depending on what version of the desktop software you have installed, you may need to go look for an older package, with the same version of this msi file.

Collapse -
response
by Jamwashrid / August 18, 2010 4:36 PM PDT

Amen to that one! I'll know next time.

Collapse -
I still need help, it's not working!
by mariasha21 / August 27, 2010 5:32 AM PDT

I've located the .msi file on my Blackberry install disk, but it won't let me point the installer to that file. I went to the RIM website and can't figure out how to get anything from there. I read the posts and did what they said, and I still can't get the .msi file in the right place or something?

Collapse -
roxio media manger.msi
by donna kast / June 7, 2010 12:15 AM PDT

I am using a Dell Inspiron 530 2Gig Ram and XP Pro. I had to do a system restore, which seemed to work fine. Now I am getting a popup message all the time looking for a file called "Roxio Media Manager.msi". I can't find the file on the CD, and I have uninstalled and re-installed the Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE program several times. I can't find a tech. support number, they just tell me to contact Dell. (but I am out of warranty) Looking for a way to fix this without re-formatting the PC. Any ideas?

Collapse -
Power tool time.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 7, 2010 1:06 AM PDT
In reply to: roxio media manger.msi
Collapse -
Roxio Media Manager.msi
by Jamwashrid / August 13, 2010 11:14 AM PDT

How do I get Roxio Media Manager.msi to stop trying to running? Whatever it's doing can't be completed because there is no installation file in my laptop for it to go in or operate off of.
I have a Dell Vostro 1000, AMDm 64 Athlon X2 laptop, with MS Windows XP Home Edition.

Collapse -
Be sure to tell if
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 14, 2010 1:16 AM PDT

Be sure to tell the forum you've completed the ideas presented so far.

Collapse -
Re: Fixing
by Kees Bakker / August 14, 2010 1:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Be sure to tell if

Hi Bob,

One of the solutions presented above (and you might refer to that) is your post linking to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. It has been updated in July 2010 and now says something like (I get the Dutch version, so this is translated by google and me together):

This article previously contained a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe). If you are led to this article for a problem installing a product other than Microsoft Office, contact the software manufacturer for assistance with the installation of the product.
With the Windows Cleanup Intaller Utility certain installation issues were resolved, but other components installed on your computer may be damaged. Because of this problem the utility has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center..

So obviously, that link didn't work any more for the OP. Sorry to see, it was a very useful program. I made an extra backup copy of it right now.

Kees

Collapse -
mcuh easier then you think everybody
by patruss05 / December 7, 2010 12:44 PM PST

go to run and type in msconfig. click ok. go to the start up tab.
Find the ISUSMP and disable it. Click apply and restart.
If you want to completely remove it download advanced system care free edition from iobit and it has a start up items section where you can delete the little ******* once and for all.

Collapse -
I need help
by lady0803 / December 11, 2010 9:51 AM PST

patruss05, i tried typing it msconfig in the run space but it did not find it. i downloaded advanced system care... what do i do from here?

i really want to remove this asap!

Collapse -
Get Rid Of Advanced System Care
by rhabdomantist / January 6, 2011 4:38 AM PST
In reply to: I need help

Better option for Startup Manager would be Mike Lin's "Startup Control Panel". Download, unzip and run from desktop the "Standalone EXE Version"

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.