1. Click on the Tool Bar (wrench or hot-dog icon) in the upper-right corner.
2. Then go to Tools/Extensions. Refer to the image
3. Disable every instance of FreeMake and FreeMake Video Converter. (This disables it from the Google Chrome web browser. The software will still run on your desktop OK)
4. Then go to Settings and click on the Set Pages link
5. Click on the X to remove the Seach.Conduit URL and add a URL of your own choice such as http://www.google.com
Hope this helps.
Please reply if you have any further questions.
in facebook, a post showed a kink to see who is seeing my profile. after c;icking on the link, my browser changed from googke chrome to bing/conduit; how do I get rid of the unwanted browser?