Samsung forum

Question

How do I get the apps on my Samsung Smart TV to work?

by timmywin / December 2, 2012 12:18 PM PST

Hi everyone,

I just recently purchased the Samsung LED Smart TV (UN46ES6100). I am having trouble using Netflix and Pandora, in particular. With Netflix, it is saying "Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit: www.netflix.com/tvhelp". I have tried doing everything that it has told me to do, but nothing appears to work. With Pandora, I was able to activate the code, but it says "The network connect has failed. Please check the network settings". I have reset the router/modem and everything, but it still keeps popping up. Please help!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I get the apps on my Samsung Smart TV to work?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I get the apps on my Samsung Smart TV to work?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Just today I see a notice at samsung.com about the servers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2012 1:06 PM PST

Did you see that?

Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: How do I get the apps on my Samsung Smart TV to work?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 3, 2012 3:14 AM PST
Collapse -
by timmywin / December 4, 2012 11:11 AM PST

It says that I am connected to the internet. I have green checkmarks so it doesn't appear to be a network connection issue.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 5, 2012 12:15 AM PST
Collapse -
by timmywin / December 23, 2012 10:35 AM PST

I checked my firmware, and it is up-to-date. I have also tried resetting smart hub, but the apps still do not work. I also performed a factory reset, but that too, did not work. It is getting a little frustrating because I am unable to fully utilize my TV...

Collapse -
It's the holiday
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 23, 2012 10:45 PM PST

So I suggest you call it in and ask. There are a lot of things to cover and they will either tell you the servers are down, an app is not working or cover how to log into the smart hub. 1800Samsung in the US.
Bob

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 24, 2012 3:48 AM PST

Hi timmywin,

So all the network checks pass, and you've checked the updates and have done a Smart Hub reset and then a factory reset. But you're still having problems. Why kind of connection speed do you have?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
Try using your PC instead of your Smart TV to activate
by Steve5432123 / December 27, 2012 5:02 AM PST

You probably have an answer, based on the date of your post. But I had a similar problem with Pandora this week, and maybe my solution will help others. I went to the app on my TV and it gave me the activation code, which I tried (through the TV web browser). Each time I tried to launch the app, I kept getting messages about needing to register (which I just did!) or the network connection failing. So I tried one last time (just to get another activation code, because you get a new activation code each time you try) and wrote it down. Then I used my home computer to go to the Pandora registration site. I typed in the code there and voila, Pandora worked on my TV. It didn't matter that I used my computer to activate the code. It made the TV app work. Hope this helps someone.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.