Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

by NYDogWhisperer / November 30, 2011 10:26 PM PST

How do I get rid of the pop up from hell? Voicefive?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HOW DO I GET RID OF VOICEFIVE POP UPS?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HOW DO I GET RID OF VOICEFIVE POP UPS?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A couple of ways..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / November 30, 2011 11:53 PM PST

I use the Adblock Plus add-on for Firefox, which blocks voicefive along with many others like it. It's also available for Chrome.

See "How do I opt out of survey pop-ups?". Keep in mind, if you clear/clean your cookies, you'll have to repeat the process.

No doubt, other's will provide the methods they use.

Collapse -
by mec111 / October 16, 2012 3:11 AM PDT

This pop up comes thru my corporate firewall and is driving me crazy! Here is what the VoiceFive Privacy Policy (dated September 13, 2012) says about their survey pop ups -

"Are cookies used by your website or your application?"
"We may use our cookies to store or acquire data about you and to assist us in conducting occasional diagnostic tests to ensure that our system is functioning correctly. Please note that if you configure your browser not to accept cookies, you may not be able to participate in our programs."

"VoiceFive also conducts surveys for third parties, and may drop cookies in support of those survey efforts. One such partner is Google. To opt-out of receiving VoiceFive studies on the Google Network, you can click here." (link disabled).

"If you choose to opt-out, a cookie will be placed on your computer that will prevent you from receiving other studies from VoiceFive while on the Google Network. However, if your browser does not accept cookies, or if you delete all of your cookies, then you may be presented with other studies from VoiceFive while on the Google Network."

"Additionally, this opt-out is only effective when you are using the Internet browser you were using when you opted-out."

You can access the opt out link on the VoiceFive website, about half way down their Privacy Policy. If you use multiple browsers you must opt out on each one. They only mention the Google Network, however, I hope this works for other's as well!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.