Desktops forum

General discussion

How do I get rid of PC Booster dialogue box pop up?

by Pradeep / January 29, 2005 9:39 PM PST

I downloaded trial version of PC Booster. 14 days trial period has expired but I can't seem to get rid of the reminder box reminding me of the expiry everytime the PC is switched on! Please help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I get rid of PC Booster dialogue box pop up?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I get rid of PC Booster dialogue box pop up?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Steven Haninger / January 30, 2005 3:39 AM PST

Did you uninstall it from the proper location? What is your OS and what have you done so far to get rid of it? Here's where you can look for what's causing the popup, however. Go to Start/Programs/Startup. If you see anything there related to the program, right click and delete it. Next, go to Start/Run and type "msconfig" (without quotes). Go to the Startup tab and look for anything that sounds like PC Booster and uncheck it. You will need to restart the PC to make this change take affect. Good luck.

Collapse -
Removal of PC Booster pop up reminder
by Pradeep / January 30, 2005 6:18 PM PST
In reply to: Uninstall??

Thanks for the reply Steven. The OS I am using is a Miscrosft ME. Tried uninstalling it from uninstall but there is nothing there which suggest PC Booster. I tried it your way, there is nothing there related to the program or anything close to PC Booster.

Collapse -
Next place to look
by Steven Haninger / January 31, 2005 4:38 AM PST

Can you find it's program folder. You can delete that but could end up with an error message replacing the PC Booster pop-up. Another way would be to search the "run" area of the windows registry. How comfortable are you with "regedit"?

Collapse -
PC Booster Pop-Up
by Pradeep / January 31, 2005 9:35 PM PST
In reply to: Next place to look

Unable to find program folder.What is "regedit"? Happy

Collapse -
Getting rid of nasty " PC Booster" pop-up
by scattergun50 / February 1, 2013 5:39 AM PST
In reply to: Uninstall??

I had the same problem. It turns out PC Booster is from AVG (I used the free AVG virus buster protection) and had tried out the free AVG PC Speedup once, deciding not to buy it. I tried everything below to get rid of the pop-up and finally called an AVG tech. They assigned a "problem number" and gave me two toll free numbers to call. After a few hours I called back and they said check my e-mail home page. That sick flashing red square pop-up was finally gone.
The number they gave me was toll free 1/855/356-3769 or 1/855/554-0131 for the tech guys (who sound like they are in India).

Collapse -
How do I get rid of PC Booster dialogue box pop up?
by Pradeep / February 5, 2005 10:50 AM PST

I have found the solution. I found the PC Booster file by just conducting a simple search under the search facility-deleted it and its ok now. Thanks Steve for pointing me towards the right direction.

Collapse -
Good deal!
by Steven Haninger / February 6, 2005 6:57 AM PST

Sometimes these hide their names and make searching difficult. If you found it in a folder of it's own and not in a shared or windows system folder, I'd get rid of that as well.

Collapse -
AVG's nasty pop-up for PC Booster
by scattergun50 / February 1, 2013 5:43 AM PST

Same problem...finally called AVG....they gave me a "problem number" and toll free tech help number (1-855 356-3769) for a nice tech guy....took all my hour later they had removed it from my PC.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.