Windows 7 forum

Question

How do I display a picture thumbprint in my picture library?

by Avinne / July 13, 2011 1:00 AM PDT

I used to have folders with a display of pictures on the front. Now I have plain folders, when opened, they have an icon to click and the a large picture shows up. I would like to open the folder and see the thumbprints immediately. Toshiba Satellite running Win 7. Thank You

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I display a picture thumbprint in my picture library?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I display a picture thumbprint in my picture library?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you try to do a right click on the folder

go to properties and then to customize? From there you just use the "optimize this folder" option and select "pictures". Can you try that first?

Collapse -
Clarify please.
by Avinne / July 13, 2011 8:52 PM PDT

Which folder do I right click? I could find nothing that lets me customize.

Collapse -
Answer
In addition to Steven's suggestion
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 13, 2011 6:30 AM PDT

If you mean Window 7's Picture Library, then if you open that in Explorer and click the "Change your view" icon top right, (two to the left of the "?" icon), you will see a list of options. Try Tiles, or Content, or any of the larger icon options.

Mark

Collapse -
RE: Change your view
by Avinne / July 13, 2011 9:06 PM PDT

I tried everyone and it only changes the size or configuration, not back to my original folders.

Collapse -
I'm not sure what you mean
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 14, 2011 4:59 AM PDT
In reply to: RE: Change your view

and I am now confused about the problem.

You said this was your Picture Library. Since this is the Windows 7 forum I assumed you meant the Windows 7 group of Libraries folders of which "Pictures" is one of the folders.

If that is not what you mean, please explain what you are using to see your pictures.

That method should work using Windows Explorer, and changing the "View options".

Mark

Collapse -
Answer
there is option

You can select the display details at the conner of the right upper conner of the windows explorer..

Collapse -
Answer
just want to help
by Atureena / July 16, 2011 2:11 AM PDT

Hi dear

I see your problem and this what you have to do..

go to ...> control panel....> folder option.....> and then select .....> Restor defaults and that will take back to see
the folders.

by happy have nice day

Atureena

Collapse -
Answer
thumbnails of pictures on windows 7
by norstellar / March 31, 2013 11:43 AM PDT

Go to Control Panel. Click on "folder options". Click on "view". Uncheck "always show icons, never thumbnails".
You can also click on "reset folders" to have this change apply to all folders , if you wish. Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Thank you!
by Lib1942 / January 9, 2014 11:02 PM PST

Thanks Norstellar. I have been trying for ages to solve the same problem and you have just enabled me to do it in seconds! All my photos were suddenly showing as the windows pictures image so I couldn't identify any of them without clicking on each one individually. Don't know why that happened but, thanks to you, it is now all fine again. Brilliant, thank you! Very grateful.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.