- Are you sure that that laptop doesn't have a DVD-burner? They were already quite common in 2009.
- Did the laptop come with recovery disks or a Vista disk?
- What exactly do you mean with "delete everything"? Does that mean 'everything including WIndows' or 'my own programs and data'?
- If necessary, are you able to burn a disk with a downloaded program elsewhere (like a friend or family)?
- Can the laptop boot from a bootable USB-stick?
So, sorry, not a guide but 5 questions.
How do I delete everything off my laptop to sell? I currently have a Window Vista, HP that I've bought back in 2009. Ive looked over google and still can't find a clear and legit answer. The links on google says to burn the program onto a disk (which I don't have) or simply by deleting or uninstalling files. Simply deleteing files does not guarentee that it'll be safe from thefts which I'm worry about.
Does anyone have a link or help me guide through step by step how to have everything removed so I can sell my laptop?