TVs & Home Theaters forum

Resolved Question

How do I connect Panasonic TC-L32C3 to Sony DVD via HDMI?

by senter1 / March 29, 2012 8:17 AM PDT

Just bought a Panasonic LCD model TC-L3 C3. I have been able to successfully connect it via component cables to my 6 year old Sony DVD player, model DVP-NS3100ES. But I am unable to get the HDMI to work. Have twice contacted Panasonic help and twice contacted Sony help. Everyone is stumped. Have gone through all the settings, menus, cable changes, etc. No luck. Any clues out there?

Also, exchanged the TV at Best Buy. They confirmed that my HDMI cable worked with the TV from their source. Also, the DVD player connects successfully via HDMI to a 2-year old Samsung LED I have in another room. So, somehow the TV and the player are not talking to each other.

senter1 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I connect Panasonic TC-L32C3 to Sony DVD via HDMI?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I connect Panasonic TC-L32C3 to Sony DVD via HDMI?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by senter1

Collapse -
Just my thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2012 9:42 AM PDT

If you research HDMI you learn about HDCP then you learn that such is BURNT INTO THE HDMI CHIPS (from Intel).

This means when you encounter incompatibilities you don't waste your time if the maker and seller can't fix it within the return period.

Back it goes?
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks!
by senter1 / March 30, 2012 3:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Just my thought.

Can you send a link to a good HDMI explanation page?

Collapse -
Sadly no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 31, 2012 6:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks!

You could google HDMI then HDCP and so on. All of them are very bad in my opinion as you may have to read a few hundred for you to condense it down to the issue you noted. Then you might have to help out a few dozen friends before you think about swapping cables then boxes as I do now.

Not one site seems to be handy to write about the issue I'm seeing.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by senter1 / April 1, 2012 3:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Sadly no.

Thanks Bob. I'll wave a magic wand for another day or two then take the TV back.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.