Samsung

Rant

How do I connect my LED tv to my Dell Notebook?

by Aly2323 / April 5, 2013 12:36 PM PDT

Hey there,
So I bought a brand new samsung led tv, and I also have the HDMI wire, the problem is I can't seem to find a socket to insert the wire in my Dell Latitute e6400 notebook. So then I googled a bit, and found out I can also use a VGA wire, now in my notebook there is definately a VGA option but on my LED I can't seem to find the VGA option.. Sad I am not able to find the correct caple to connect both of these and it's really starting to piss me off. Can anyone help me with this situation? I tried to explain all of this in the best way I can. Thanks x

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I connect my LED tv to my Dell Notebook?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I connect my LED tv to my Dell Notebook?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Your notebook is too old for HDMI
by wpgwpg / April 5, 2013 12:59 PM PDT

Without the model no. of the TV you bought, there's no way to check what inputs it has. Your notebook is too old to have HDMI output, so if you bought a TV without a VGA (sometimes called RGB) input, you've got a definite challenge. If you're sure your TV has no VGA input, you could check to see if there's some kind of adapter that might get the job done, but you should be doubly sure about that. You might be able to put stuff from your computer on a flash drive and plug that into the TV and you could buy a Blue-ray player with HDMI out that would connect to the Internet. Numerous possibilities; that's about the best help I could give you since you neglected to mention the model of your TV. I'm afraid my dog broke my crystal ball last week. Mischief

Collapse -
AN
by Aly2323 / April 5, 2013 2:00 PM PDT

Ahh, sorry. It's Samsung 32 inches, series 4000. Can you let me know if it has VGA option?

Collapse -
The specs are at this link
by wpgwpg / April 5, 2013 11:31 PM PDT
In reply to: AN

Here's the link to the specs for your TV
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN32EH4000FXZA-specs . At this location it shows the inputs as:

Inputs & Outputs
HDMI 2
Component 1
Composite (AV) 1
USB 1
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1
Audio Out Mini Jack 1
RS232 (AV Control) 1
RF In 1

So there's no VGA input listed. It does have a USB port so you could copy things to a flash drive and plug that into the TV go with one of the other suggestions I made above.

Good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.