Laptops forum

General discussion

how do i clean an lcd monitor screen

by learningly / February 20, 2010 11:55 AM PST

how do i clean an lcd monitor screen. What is the Best Liquid...?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how do i clean an lcd monitor screen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how do i clean an lcd monitor screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No offense meant.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2010 11:28 PM PST

But that discussion has been done. Type that question on and see the answer you like.

Collapse -
Don't use liquids
by Kees Bakker / March 28, 2010 8:32 PM PDT

I agree with the answer given by a certain spammer:

"I suggest you not to use any liquids as it can harm your laptop as the same thing happens with me.
The best way to keep the screen clean is cleaning it by a dry piece of cloth or the fur duster available in the market."

Collapse -
by Xx1Dustin1Xx / July 13, 2010 10:47 PM PDT

Well, I do my process of cleaning an laptop LCD screen. What I do is, remove all the plugs from the laptop and also remove the battery. Personally I use a furniture spray cleaner (yes its safe, but don't put too much). Then I spray it on the napkin and wipe the screen. Not to hard or else you will damage it. I repeat the process until the screen is cleaned up.

Cheers (:

Collapse -
how do i clean an lcd monitor screen
by StoreDailyMart / April 9, 2012 8:28 PM PDT
In reply to: RE:

Here are some useful tips and guidelines for cleaning your laptop screens:

1. Closely examine the condition of your laptop screen at regular time intervals. Pay attention to any stains or areas to be cleaned.
2. Always use a microfiber cloth to clean any natural dust and gently brush off any dirt particles.
3. Many people clean their laptop screens with a 50-50 solution of distilled water/isopropyl alcohol; by using an old cotton cloth such or handkerchief. You are recommended to use proper cleaning solutions and cloths to clean your laptop screens. As the laptop screen is a very costly component of your laptop, hence you should use proper cleaning kits such as Klear or iKlear clean your laptop screen and keep it in a clear and pristine condition.
4. Don't spray any cleaning solutions directly on your laptop screen. It's better to spray it into the cleaning cloth.
5. While cleaning your laptop screen, wipe it quite gently in a circular motion. Don't press hard on the cloth and let the cleaning solution do its job.
6. Don't touch your laptop screen with your fingers since it can cause oily prints and smear on the display.
7. Don't leave the cleaning solution on your laptop screen. Remove all the excessive moisture as it can damage the display.
8. Let your laptop screen dry complexly before you turn your laptop on.
9. For cleaning stains or ink marks, you can use all the aforesaid tips several times. Keep in mind; you can also buy special cleaning solutions for heavy ink marks and stains.
10. While purchasing any laptop screen cleaning product, make sure to buy the one that has an anti-static element in it. This will help to restrict the dust particles and lint on your laptop screen.
11. If you are using your laptop in a dusty place, you are suggested to purchase a protective covering. It's better to buy it directly from the manufacturer to ensure that the cover fits your laptop screen perfectly.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.